Mini Shot- Those Eyes

He stood transfixed as he saw her emerge out of the car...Her beautiful brown eyes seemed to do a magic on him as if she was an enchantress , he kept looking at her as she moved past him.

" Om...Omkara?" He got out his trance as he heard his friend call him.

" Its your batting...come...or are you busy somewhere else?" Nishant questioned as he followed Omkara's gaze.

Omkara looked at him confused at his words as Nishant spoke further, " She and her family are shifting in House Number 50, floor 3...Mom told me yesterday...And tomorrow is Holi and I guess their invite for tomorrow's Holi party is also left...You know just in case..." Nishant winked as Omkara smiled shyly.

" Now, Come atleast complete your batting..." He pulled Omkara to bat.

**
" Hello" Greeted Omkara with a smile as Mrs. Vaishali opened the door.

" Yes?"

"Omkara here, Actually I live on the ground floor, We are organizing Holi party in society tomorrow so we would be really happy if..." He paused as a voice called from behind.

"Who is there Ma?" Mrs. Vaishali turned stepping aside revealing the beautiful eyes again to Omkara,he greeted.

" Hello, I am Omkara."

She smiled back.

" Gauri..."

" Nice to meet you...So Holi party tomorrow? We enjoy a lot in society...Aunty." Omkara shifted his gaze between Mrs. Vaishali and Gauri , his eyes most of the times on Gauri though.

Mrs. Vaishali's facial coloured changed as she murmured, " Holi...Whats the use." Hearing her, Omkara looked at her confused.

"Ji?" Omkara questioned as Gauri replied from behind, " Nothing, We'll surely come."

" Ok bye Aunty, we'll wait for you all."

" Bye Beta." Mrs. Vaishali closed the door.

Smiling, Omkara was about to leave when he heard something from inside, " Whats the use of playing Holi every year? Do you even enjoy it, doesn't it make you feel bad..." It was Mrs. Vaishali locking the door speaking in a tone louder than normal. He was confused and before he could comprehend anything, he heard, " Ouuuuch..." It was Gauri. As he heard her scream, He turned.

Opening the bolted door which wasn't locked, he ran inside to see Gauri holding on her foot, Mrs. Vaishali who ran to her aid couldn't lock the door.

" I am sorry, I heard the scream so came to check, Are you fine?" Omkara questioned as he and Mrs. Vaishali helped Gauri to the sofa.

" Yes, ssss...It's just that I tripped on that table, actually I usually don't but...sss, just that new house..." Gauri tried to explain herself, she was still in pain.

" And I am blind, so it had to happen..." Mrs. Vaishali cut her in the middle as Omkara looked at them both confused, if not for what he had heard Mrs. Vaishali speak before and Gauri's next words, he would have thought it to be a mother scolding her daughter with exaggerated terms.

" Yes, I am blind so...Why do you make me remember it everytime like if I forget it for even a second then there would be a big problem, I know I can't see anything, I know and I am living with it, quite happily and yes, I don't feel bad playing Holi because rather than seeing the colours people apply on me from outside, I see the love in their hearts with which they apply those colours...Ok, Done, Now stop it and yes, I am going to Holi party tomorrow." Saying this Gauri ran inside to her room.

He was left stunned at all the happenings , those beautiful brown eyes that he fell in Love with could only show their possessor darkness...

What a play of fate? He wondered shocked yet...a corner of his heart made him realize that May be the Love for those eyes was superficial and would be gone after sometime but the love his heart developed for that beautiful, free spirited heart would never fade away, He was in true Love with this heart...with this girl.

" Ok Aunty...We'll wait for you all tomorrow." Carrying his happiest smile , he left the house.

**