Virgo

Virgo is one of the 12-star signs which relate to the day we were all born on. It's also known as our horoscope or zodiac.

If you are a Virgo you may be wondering what their common characteristics are and which signs you are most compatible with.

What are the Virgo horoscope dates?
Anyone who's born between August 24 and September 22 is a Virgo. Do you fall into the Virgo category?

What are Virgo traits and characteristics?
Virgo's symbol is the virgin, and their strengths are said to be loyalty and kindness, while they're practical and hardworking.

Virgo's are also said to be attractive, smart, and sophisticated.

They hate to be let down, and are great at forwarding planning with a good level of control.

But while they may seem shy at first, they have a rich inner life and make great friends who will be there for life.

Their element is Earth and the ruling planet is Mercury.

As this is their planet, it means they possess good writing and speaking skills.

Their drawbacks are rudeness and the desire to take center stage. They also don't like asking for help, which can sometimes hinder them.

And they can get obsessed over the details, being overly critical and fixated on small issues which matter a great deal to them.

Who are Virgos most compatible with?
Cancer - people born between June 21 - July 22, value Virgo's loyalty and when these two-star signs get together there is great potential for long-lasting love.
Pisces - those born between February 19 and March 20 are also a good match for a Virgo. Both signs are opposite each other in the zodiac, so they can make up for qualities the other lacks.

Virgos crave intimacy and for them, a relationship is about showering their partner with love and affection.

Their intimate and sexual persona is closely linked to the symbolism of the virgin.

Who are Virgos least compatible with?
Gemini - is considered the least compatible sign for Virgos, due to their flirtatious nature. This is because the story of Virgo's love life can be one of vulnerability and feelings of unworthiness. Virgo's will rarely have casual sex with many partners, preferring a stable relationship where they can feel loved and safe.
Saggitarius - these two-star signs are not generally viewed as a strong match due to their different lifestyles. Virgos are much more introverted and thrive on routine, while a Sagittarius lives for risk and adventure.

Which celebrities are Virgos?
Prince Harry, Blake Lively, Cameron Diaz, Beyoncé, Jennifer Hudson, Nick Jonas, Adam Sandler

Where does the Zodiac come from?
The Zodiac is the term used to describe the circle of 12 divisions of celestial longitude that are centered upon the path of the sun.

The 12 divisions share the names we know as our star signs.

The term zodiac derives from Latin zōdiacus - meaning "circle of animals".

Throughout history, the zodiac has been used to predict or echo characteristics of personality.