chapter 4

Snape's pov

Minerva cast a levitation charm on Harry then turns to me. "Come on, we need to get mister Potter to the hospital wing," she says, "and then get you sorted out". So we race to the hospital wing and lay Harry on a bed as Minerva calls for Madame Pomfry. As soon as Pomfry comes out she rushes to Harry's side and cast a few diagnostic spells, then cast a few healing spells and rushes off to get some potions. I have absolutely no clue what I was thinking, or if I was thinking at all, but I jump onto Harry's bed. I gently walk up to his chest and curl up in a ball. Feeling myself rise and fall with his every breath made me feel better, and I start to purr, loud and strong. Then, I feel a weak hand reach up and rest itself on my back, I emidietly know its Harry. 'Please, please be okay' I mentally beg him 'please don't die Harry'.

Harry's pov

I dont know whats going on. Every thing is a hase that won't relent. Only one thing cuts through the fog of my mind, the vibration in my chest and the loud purring coming from midnight. I don't know how I know it's midnight, and I don't know why he's the only one that can break through. All I know is I don't want him to leave. I somehow manage to reach up and rest my hand on his back, his fur soft to the touch. 'He's the only thing keeping me grounded' I realise, before sliping back into my exhaustion induced hase.

Minerva's pov

I never thought I would see the day Severas Snape would be nice to Harry Potter, much less curl up with him. "Severas," I say, "you can't stay here. We need to see Dumbledore". He doesn't move "Did you here me?" He angrily flicks his tail at me. Not wanting to get on his bad side, I walk out to talk to Dumbledore about this.

Snape's pov

If that women thought I was going to leave Harry here by himself, Madame Pomfry excluded, she had another thing coming! I will stay right here on Harry's chest until he wakes up. When Madame Pomfry finally leaves us be, I stay up and guard Harry untill he wakes up. 'My purring woke him up befor,' I realize 'if he's feeling better, will he completely wake up now?' I move my head to his chin, body still curled on his chest, and start to purr. Loud, strong, and as if my life depends on it. I only stop when I hear one word. "Midnight?"

Harry pov

I can feel myself being pulled from sleep, but by what or who? I let my senses return and start to remember what happened. Then I suddenly realized there is a purring ball of fur on my chest. I open my eyes and manage to say his name. "Midnight?" I ask. He moves his head so I can look down. We lock eyes. His onyx eyes and sleek black fur suddenly remind me of someone. "You know," I tell him, "you remind me a lot of professor snape." If a cat could roll their eyes he would be the one. Just then, Dumbledore, followed by Professor McGonagall. "That's because," Dumbledore says, "he is."

(*evil laughter* cliff hanger!)