Chapter 1: Hate The Days

"What is peace"
"To be honest I wish  I knew"
"I often wonder what freedom tastes like as well, the elders say it's a term meant for when you don't have to hide and you're free to enjoy life". 
"I try to imagine the world full of lush lands, trees, and beautiful crystal seas but who am I kidding I have never even seen it to know what it looks like"...

 Slowly opening my eyes I begin to hear the sound of the engineers working on the underground tunnel systems as always in the morning times. As I begin to look around the room full of darkness and ruble as I feel a gentle grasp around my stomach, looking back I see my little sister having a nightmare as I see her squinting her eyes as her hands twitch. 
"Ami,... Ami" I gently call out as she slowly begins to awaken from her nightmare. As I begin to sit up we quickly hear a loud knock from the steel door. 
"Duty calls, time to get up and meet up with your squad for orders," says the manly voice as we hear him heading to the next room over repeating his same lines to the next resident. As I watch my sister Ami sis up from this old mattress I could only wonder if things were different as this was not the place for kids to be... 
 My name is  Kyoichi Takahashi (高橋kyo一), I'm sixteen years old while little my sister is Ami Takahashi ((高橋亜美)but she's only thirteen. As she rubs her eyes I begin to smell the environment for a quick breather but I must say this is not the most pleasant smell as it irritates the nostrils someday's from all the building remains. I walk over and open the room's steel door gazing into the destroyed city, oh how I hate seeing this place but as for now, it's the safest place known to us of this colony.  Here in the Sanctum, there were only four roles you would be assigned to regardless of your age it doesn't matter you were human and that is all that counts as of now. 
1.Military, to help in the fight to free our race
2. Scavenger, It's a bit risky but it's just as it sounds we must go to the surface and gather what we can what make hold some purpose or value to support the sanctum.
3. Engineer, Digging tunnels to reach other colonies that may be out there in need of assistance.
4. Repair, that one speaks for its self 

 I begin to gaze up towards the lard crack in the surface above as the light shines down in upon the sanctum of Nebula, I couldn't help but ball up my fist for a moment in anger. In order to make as much room as they could, they would try to keep families together in one room such as Ami and my self as we're siblings doesn't matter if theirs only one bed your gonna have to make it fit as I hear many are laying on large boulders or the ground if needed.  I begin to hear my name being called out from the stairway, as I look over I spot my best friend Matt wearing a white T-shirt and camouflage pants.
"Yo Kyo, Good morning," says Matt as he brushes his hand through his blond hair, I respond back to him with the same greeting giving him a quick fist bump as he would begin to inform us that they were washing clothing at the chapel later today since we had so much rain from the powerful thunderstorm yesterday. I could only smile for a brief moment as that was at least a good thing as many people of Nebula began to smell like hot garbage, sure there is water inside of Nebula but we can't allow too much in as we are already underground with no place to really go already.
"Good morning Matt!" shouts Ami as she waves at him from inside the room. 
"Yo do you think we will find anything cool above ground today," asked Matt, causing me to gasp for a brief moment. Sure going above ground it's not fun or easy as you and your squad will be guarded by two trained military soldiers but if were spotted by those Aliens we risk letting them find our home and fellow comrades. 
"Kyo, you good bro," he asks quickly making me respond "um yeah, Yeah I'm good"... As all three of us were ready for our daily duties we began to head to post location. 

                       DARKFANGCOMIC'S PRESENTS 
                                  SANCTUM OF NEBULA The Movie
                                             FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE 
                           Theme: Behind The Scenes - Hate The Days
                          Inspirations: Parabelle and Linkin Park  

 Heading along the ruin streets heading into the city we gaze upon the engineers working on the tunnel system but I will never understand how long they were gonna keep at that. As long it wasn't me on hanging on those walls I try to not think about it much. As we walked we spotted families walking around in the city market, however, the market is always full as it's the only way to get a good meal if your hungry or just need a weapon but that doesn't mean it's free tho. 
"Hey Kyo did you hear Kirino joined the military recruits, you know I think it kinda fits her personality " explains Matt bringing me to a surprising look to me as he looked quite pleased. 
"Why would she want to do that at her age, it's dangerous out there" I carefully explain to Matt but then again I can't really make people change their decisions. 
 I remember it as if it were yesterday, the skies reigned of thunder and loud explosions of fire as alien aircraft's field the skies against mankind. Giant aliens feel from the skies in different shapes and sizes each differentiating from one another but even with the tank mechs, we stood no chance it was like watching a massacre. I was in my school's classroom as our teacher tried to keep everyone calm until one of the colossal aliens tossed one of our militaries through the school sending the ceiling falling down. As bodies laid before me and the blood-spattered across the grounds and walls, I began to feel my heart sink as the sight before me, I was truly horrifying to behold. 
"Takahashi!" shouts Kirino standing by the classroom's doorway as everyone begins running for their lives along the halls tripping over one another in panic. Kirino begins to call for Matt as she quickly sees him heading him in their direction...
"Matt its Takahashi, I think he's stuck or something he won't answer me" she explains to Matt quickly causing him to race into the classroom to help me to my feet before the ceiling completely fell in. If it weren't for Matt I probably wouldn't have been here today but nothing could have prepared us for once when got outside the school... Buildings toppled over, screams of pain of many people yelled in pain. Our home city was in ruins but it was only getting started as large waves of gun begin to pop off within the city causing both Matt and myself to jump as we looked back to spot another one of the mech tanks taking up fire against this alien in the city. Quickly annoying the alien would make it's way over to the mech ripping the top off the mech then proceed in yanking the the the pilots from their seats, severing their limbs in the processes... What was this nightmare, even with all that gun power they only barely scratched the surface of the alien's armor. 
"It's no use these mech tanks just don't have the power or the mobility to move quickly out of the way to stand a fight against those things" shouts Matt. Kirino would quickly begin to quickly suggest we head to homes as our parents may be looking for us but I had to disagree as by our selves we would never make it out alive. Meanwhile the mighty colossal alien heading towards would perform a mighty roar shaking the grounds quickly getting everyone's attention as large spear of light began to form in the mouth of the creature. The energy that the monster was generating was so strong it was caused its own gravitation field around it as lighting from the skies was even being drawn in. 
 What happened next was almost believable as the skies light up blue as the creature fired a powerful energy blast into parts of the city blowing up large portions with ease without even getting close. That colossus became known to us all as Monster X, we could only hope he was the leader as he was the largest of them all but there was no way to know for sure.