Chapter 3: Pain & Tears

A couple of minutes later the entire room would go completely dark with four orange lights shining in the room. The time has come to head to the surface once again, hearts begin to race as they always have to be on alert for oncoming threats while also trying to find foods, weapons and etc. 
"Everyone should form a line and proceed to the elevator shaft down the hall" shouts Kirino as they respond "Yes Ma'am before following her orders. Thinking back again that day that Monster X  finished his attack the three of them would then proceed to find the nearest shelter until the military got everything under control. Sadly there was nowhere that was safe leaving them out in the open, suddenly Kirino would receive a call on her cell from coming from her father. With shaking hands, she accidentally drops the phone as she answers it. Quickly reaching to speak with her father he would begin to explain the situation to her to the best of his knowledge asking her to take shelter and he would come to get her in a bit to the best of his ability before losing his signal. 
"So what now?" asked Matt as he looked towards his friend's worried faces, sure they knew to take cover but they had to think of a place that the aliens wouldn't be able to find them hiding out at. As the three of them discussed what to do they would be shortly interrupted by another load road from Monster X unleashing a unknow neon fog, moving at a slow pace but spreading like a plague as it drove many who were caught in it mad and insane while many others would be killed by it. 
"Well we can't go that way now" explains Kyoichi as he watches a vehicle driving along a road get caught in it then suddenly driving straight off a hill. Matt would suggest they take the train to the next city, but even Kirino and Kyoichi knew that would be a gamble as the trains may not be even functioning... However, they could still try to reach the next city on foot. Since Kyoichi lived in the next city it would be best that he guided them on how to get them without running into trouble.  Just as the trio began to get on the move they began to hear high pitched sounds coming from the skies, it was time the Calvery had arrived. Military fighters took to the skies all while defending a bomber plane, everyone surviving would begin to cheer as they saw the fighters heading into combat. As many would stand around watching as the bullets began to reign upon the aliens but this was not the time to be watching as they may have forgotten there was a deadly bomber among those fighters capable of destroying anything a very large radius. 
"Kyoichi!" shouts Kirino to get them moving along the ruined streets as large crumbles of concrete, shattered asphalt, and steel laid upon the streets. As they ran along the streets they could overhear the massive gunfire and energy blast from the alien and military sending chills down their spines as the skies glowed yellow and blue. Breathing heavily as they ran behind the Kyoichi they would soon run into a roadblock as they watched helplessly as the military took up gun pint towards the Aliens patrolling the streets standing high on their hind legs holding their weapons. 
"Get down!!" yells Matt as he pushes the three of them behind a boulder to take cover. Kyoichi would watch as the aliens struck down the soldiers one by one, it was as if they caught in a massacre of the human race. Matt would tap on Kyo's shoulder as they needed to keep moving regardless of what was happening. Very carefully the three would for a way around the street without being seen but there was no easy route for them without being seen however a soldier survived the aliens attack quickly taking notice of the children hiding. He knew in order for the children to escape he would have to willingly give his life as there was no way for them both survive. Kyoichi would spot the soldier as he dashed in the open to open fire upon the alien...
"RUN, GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!" he shouted towards Kyoichi and his friends as he would begin quickly gaining the alien's attention. The trio would stand to their feet as they ran across the street as the soldier would get pinned to the side of a building seeing nothing remaining but his red stains shattered across the bricks. What kind of nightmare was this for children to be seeing such a sight as death before their eyes and being caught in a war, unlike anything they have come across before.  Heading across the bridge into the next city they would see fires and black smoke coming from buildings as the skies would begin to fill with dark clouds unleashing its tears upon the world. Rain poured along the streets soaking the children as they ran for shelter until Kirino would receive another call from her father asking about her location. As Kirino spoke on the phone tears ran down her face as she was scared and was unsure of what to do as things began to look dark for mankind. Kyo and Matt could feel the emotion in the tone of her voice as she spoke to her father with a hurting heart. Kyo could only begin to wonder how his mother was doing with his little sister as he had no way of reaching them, leaving him to hope he ran into them later on with them considering they survive. Matt would turn to look to the skies as he saw flying alien creatures entering the area in which Monster X was located.
"Kirino listen I'm going to come and get you three just find a place to take over and I'll call when I get close" replied her father as he hung up his cell phone. 

Returning to present 
 Kyoichi could only look down as they entered the elevator shaft grabbing their backpacks before entering a vehicle to travel on the surface to cover distance quickly. As everyone was enting the vehicle Kirino stood alongside Captain Armstrong watching as the Squads entered. Kyoichi would be the last member of his Squad to enter followed by Kirino as the Captians would enter last after the last members of their squad. Sitting on the seat Kyo would be slightly toughed by Kirino as she wore her surface gear, Kyoichi would become a little irritated as he wasn't really sure if he wanted to say anything to her at the moment. 
"Oh!, Hey Kyoichi I didn't think you would be at the back, that's a surprise," she says with a smile upon her face to her friend. Very gently he would respond "Oh, yeah a surprise" with a fake smile upon his face before turning his head to face forward towards the other squad members. Little did Kyo know that his friend Kirino was also nervous as she would begin to rub her hands between her thighs before equipping her mask for the surface. Matt would look down from the other end of the truck to see just where Kyoichi and Kirino were as it was almost like old times when they were together. The vehicle would begin to rock as the elevator would begin to move to cause all their hearts to race in both excitement and fear...
Kyo turns to look behind Kirino's head out the window as they were leaving safe grounds for a while and heading straight into the danger zone. One day, One day for sure we shall leave this place for good and then it will be no more of this terrible lifestyle, just you wait, Ami, he would tell himself. 
"How's Ami doing" asked Kirino as she would jump back a bit seeing Kyoichi looking towards her direction. He would reply that she was doing just fine but still being a pain in the ass some days but he couldn't expect anything less from his younger sibling. Turning his head from the window he would gaze upon Kirino taking notice of her innocent eyes that always turn to when he was younger for a smiling face back in the day as her hair laid gently upon her face. He would face forward once again as he still couldn't find the words he was looking for to say to her.