25

Mari's POV

What happened then caused major turmoil at school. It's not every day you'd see members of BTS and BLACKPINK walking freely on the school grounds, with lots of bodyguards of course.

It was a mess. When my mom said she'll sue them, she really did file a case. Even my father wasn't able to stop my Mom when she came marching in the school, in her designer clothes like she's about to go on a photo shoot.

I've never seen my Mom that angry. Uncle Yoongi supporting her is not helping either. Everything had gotten really messy, I kinda felt bad because it all started due to my relationship with Z.

Zammy had been quiet though and my heart aches to see her like that. She's a strong girl and seeing her being like that made me think how bad things had been for her lately that she ended up in that state.

Ashton was stressed out and so were the others.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Z's sweet voice. He was leaning forward, half his body almost close to mine but I remain seated on the couch inside Ash's room where all of us decided to camp in.

Zammy was sleeping in Ashton's bed. She's running a fever and Ashton promised to take care of her. It's quite funny how Zammy, despite her being sick, had called Ashton to pick her up just because she's used to having Ashton taking care of her.

Sometimes I wonder what Uncle Yoongi thinks. Does he really think Ashton only cares for Zammy like he's his older brother?

"Mari," I was startled when I heard Z's voice. I turned to his direction and realized how his brows are furrowing. I wasn't paying him any attention and I kinda felt bad. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Z and Louise looking in our direction.

"Sorry," I bowed a little and I heard him sigh. It was then that I felt his arms wrapping around me as he was trying to make me feel better. We stayed like that for a moment and we didn't really talk.

The mood between all of us is a little heavy and even after Z drove me home, we barely even talk.

Not bothering to invite him in, I was about to come inside when I heard him calling my name. I turned around and looked at him.

"We're okay, right?" he asked. I can see how uneasy he looked and I felt really really bad.

Oh, God.

I released a long sigh before mustering my sweetest smile. "Of course. Sorry, I was just tired. Drive safely, okay?" I told him and I can see the reluctance written all over his face. My stomach suddenly felt churning and there's this weird feeling inside me that keeps making me feel uneasy.

He still gave me a warm smile though I can still see a bit of worry showing in his face. He left the house and all I did was lock myself inside my room.

I covered myself with a blanket as I lay on my bed, my eyes focused on the ceiling.

I'm not really sure what's going on but I don't like it. Seeing everyone, how they all struggle, how they had to put down, and disregard their schedules because of this mess, I don't like it.

Everything that has happened makes my heart feel so heavy. My conscience kept bugging me and I can't sleep. Despite Z's efforts to telling me that it wasn't my fault, our fault, I feel like it is.  And at some point, there's this idea in me that wants me to take responsibility.

But how?

Suddenly, I just wanted to leave and be alone for a while.

Everyone, all those people around me keep telling me that it's fine but I know it isn't. How can it be fine when everything is a mess? How can things be fine when my mom is so stressed out? Just how long do I have to pretend that this isn't affecting our family?

For a moment, I just want to leave. I want to be somewhere else, somewhere far away, with someone who wouldn't tell me it's fine when it really isn't... Someone who'll tell me it was indeed my fault because it is.

As much as I love Z, which I wholeheartedly accept now, I know he will never say anything that would upset me.

He never does.

So when my phone started ringing and I saw a familiar name flashing on my screen, somehow,I felt a little relieved.

Remembering all those times we've been together, I knew he will at least be honest with me. Unlike Z, he won't sugarcoat his words because that's just how he is. Or maybe not. But at least he never does something just to please me.

"Can you pick me up?" I asked him, not even bothering to let him speak. He seemed taken aback but agreed nonetheless.

Whatever he wants to say, he can tell me in person.

The moment the call ended, I just stayed lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

Should I tell him?

I bit my lower lip as I carefully think about the things I need to do, even the smallest details of everything I need to say.

I didn't even bother changing clothes because I haven't changed, to be honest. I was just too exhausted and my thoughts were full of worries.

In no time, I received a message from him telling me he's five minutes away from our house. I naturally stood up from my bed and just grab my pouch.

I was startled when I saw Latch walking out of his room and he seemed startled too.

He kept his hand on his right pocket and stared at the pouch on my hand

"Going somewhere?" he asked. I knew our parents are not yet home.

"Yeah," I lightly answered and just casually walked downstairs. I haven't even taken two steps when I received another message, this time, from Z.

"Take a rest. Hope you feel better baby. I love you,"

The moment I read his message, I felt like something inside my chest shattered into pieces.

Just why is he like this? Why does he always think of my feelings first?

Shaking off those thoughts in my head, I just shrugged my shoulder and found it hard to answer his message...Instead, I went straight outside when I heard the sound of his car's tire screeching, like always.

Z can wait, right?