Screenplay Script (For Part 2)

FADE IN:

Prologue

EXT: Snowy mountain top, about noon.

A young teenage girl (JUDY) in a heavy, down-filled coat stands firmly in the snow. She is staring into the gaping hole before her in the side of the mountain. Her face is obscured by a large scarf.

JUDY (Voiceover): There I was, at the top of Mortem Mountain, petrified by the thought of what was lurking in the cave in front of me. All I had was the plastic spork I'd been chewing on. Nonetheless, I held the deformed utensil out in front of me, hoping that somehow, this useless piece of rubbish would protect me from the demons who took my friends.

I stood there, feet planted firmly in the snow, my breath drawing heavy and slow. Memories from that night played in my head like a movie.

FADE OUT:

FADE IN:

EXT: Quiet street lit only by streetlights, late evening.

Six teenagers in short, puffy coats, three boys (JOSEPH, SAM, HARRI), three girls (STACY, JUDY, MAX), wander side by side down the street. They walk in pairs. SAM and JUDY put their arms around each other's waists; JOSEPH and STACY are holding hands; HARRI has his arm around MAX's neck. The weather is clear.

STACY: So what'd you think of the movie?

JOSEPH (shrugging): Eh, it was alright. Just like every other DC movie I've seen.

SAM (sing-songish): Lame!

HARRI: Yeah, DC sucks! They keep making movies so they can stay popular, but Marvel's already got them beat a million to none. I mean, like, name ONE good movie DC produced.

STACY, MAX, JUDY (in unison): WONDER WOMAN!!!

HARRI (defeated): Oh, right.

SAM reaches to his left and playfully swats at the back of HARRI's head.

JUDY: Besides, what really matters is that we had fun.

SAM (rolling eyes): Oh brother! Here she goes again!

Clouds progressively cover the sky, and snow begins to fall.

JUDY: What? I'm just saying we should stop making a big deal out of everything and just enjo—

STACY (interrupting JUDY): Speaking of making a big deal out of things, the wind is picking up and it's getting a little chilly. Can we please go inside somewhere?

JUDY (chuckling): Sure.

The group meanders down the street a little way further and enter a convenience store on the corner. SAM approaches the door and hold it open as his friends walk through.

INT: Small convenience store.

All of the lights are on, but there is no one in sight. SAM walks through the door, which slams shut behind him. Everyone jumps. Outside, everything is white.

STACY (In utter disbelief): What the cheese!?! How can there be a blizzard? We were just outside five seconds ago and there was barely even a flurry!?!

JOSEPH (reassuringly) Calm down. I'm sure it's noth–

The lights go out with a loud pop. MAX screams. The sound of glass shattering, and a gigantic hand with six long, slender fingers protrudes through the broken window. The hand smashes the display of candies on the front wall. The group scatters towards the freezers at the back of the store, but the hand is already making its way towards them. JUDY tries to run to SAM, who is crouching a couple aisles down, but the hand crashes down between them, knocking down all of the neatly stocked shelves. The hand quickly finds SAM and scoops up everyone except JUDY into a fist. The hand begins to retreat through the broken window. JUDY tries to stand up to chase the hand, but her foot is stuck under a fallen aisle wall. She watches helplessly as her friends are carried off by what appears to be a yeti.

FADE OUT:

THE END