Erik Destler

For Ella_Fischbach_Brock

Modern Erik

"Okay guys, that's all for today. If you have requests for me to play a certain song feel free to leave request it in the comments below. Don't forget to subscribe to my channel. I hope you guys enjoyed. Bye!" Ella smiled and waved to the camera before ending the video and uploading it to her YouTube channel. Her excitement grew each and every day from all of the support from her fans and the requests for her to play more songs on her drum set. It took years of lessons and at home practice before she became a pro at it. Ella heard the organ playing from her basement. 'Erik's back at composing again' she thought. She went back to practicing with a few more complicated songs. Erik made his way back upstairs and noticed that she was practicing once again. He smiled with pride at the accomplishment. He remembered in the beginning when he asked her to teach him more about the instrument and she had told him that it was always men that played but over the years women proved to be just as good as the men. Erik was impressed that she took an interest in that particular instrument and constantly challenged herself to be better and reach higher goals. Erik stopped once he made it to her room and leaned against the door frame. 

"You're getting better and better." He said proudly.

"Thanks. You know I've been thinking we should see what it sounds like with the organ and the drums then the piano and the drums. I feel like it would be great to post new things to my YouTube channel. You wouldn't have to show your face. Maybe for the fun of it we could also just video singing with that too. I won't post those though." She said excitedly. 

"That's actually a great idea. I feel like you could take any music piece I gave you and turn it into something better than I planned it to be." Erik replied. 

Ella sat there in thought for a moment. "Your piece, The Phantom of the Opera would be perfect. It might take a while to find the perfect sound though. We'll figure it out though." 

For the next week Ella and Erik stayed up all hours of the night working on videos and songs. 

"Erik, I think I got it!!!!!" Ella yelled with pride in her voice. 

"Really?!" Erik ran up the stairs to her. 

Ella handed him his copy of the music and started the video while waiting for him to get ready at the piano. They both started playing letting the music drift all throughout the house. Once they were done, Ella stopped the video and replayed it to Erik. 

"I knew you could figure it out!!!!" Erik yelled as he ran to Ella to pick her up and spin her around. Ella giggled and started crying happily. 

"We did it Erik. I couldn't have asked for a better music partner." She replied still holding onto him. 

With Erik's approval, she uploaded the video to her channel. Only five minutes had passed and her phone kept going off with notifications to her channel. Their video already had millions of views and it kept rising. Ella squealed and threw herself at Erik, hugging him tightly around his neck. Erik slowly let his arms wrap around her and hugged her back. 

"We actually did it. I can't believe it..." Erik smiled with tears pooling in his eyes. This was a huge thing for him. He felt important and it was all thanks to Ella and her amazing ideas. 

Over the next few months Ella and Erik kept working together and made videos to post. Eventually they both started singing while they played their instruments. Each video was viewed millions of times and the comments were nothing but positive. The fans kept encouraging them to keep up the great work and they sure did.