Epilogue: Life Goes On...

The pair checked the clearing where the dinos typically wandered above-ground, and to Blurr's disappointment, there were several. Adults watching over their children as they tussled and chased one another through the grass.

"Too bad we left Downpour back at the ship, she's always wanting someone to wrestle with," Blurr muttered.

"I think with her being metal and them organic, she'd still be too rough for the other adults' tastes..." Quickshadow started out of the trees to where the dinos could see them. "Come on, we just need to keep them away from the shore for a little while, corralling any that stray."

Blurr groaned, and then followed her out as well. The dinos stopped in their activity to look at them, and for a moment, Blurr was concerned their appearances weren't convincing enough, but then Quickshadow sent a rumbling sound out of her crest, and they resumed their play; the bots' presence had been accepted.

"Okay, so the adults have the little ones in a circle already, so for the most part, we just need to keep them from leaving the clearing."

Blurr nodded, and then carefully moved through the group until he and Quickshadow were on opposite sides of it. "Okay... One, two, three, four," he counted, keeping the number of little dinos in mind; they'd be easier to lose than the full-grown T-Rex, Triceratops and Stegosauruses. "How's it going with the humans, Salvage?"

They're still working on the engine, but it's sputtering, so we're making progress.

"Good... Ope!"

Blurr lowered his tail to block the path of the little triceratops as it tried to chase a butterfly into the trees. "Not that way, tiny."

Unfortunately, the triceratops was not pleased by this big bot making him lose track of the butterfly, and he promptly backed up and then rammed his head into Blurr's shin.

The speedy rescue bot grunted as pain shot up his leg and the metal dented inward a little, but he didn't cry out, afraid it may startle the other dinos. "Scrap scrap scrap...!" He hissed, pulling the leg up and watching the tiny, hardheaded creature stomp off to return to his mother.

"Aren't they adorable?" Quickshadow teased, nudging the little stegosaur gently with her nose.

"Oh yes... Angels." Blurr muttered. His optics widened as he saw the triceratops coming back at him for another blow, and he jumped back. However, now the other adolescents saw it as a game, and within seconds all of them were rushing Blurr at once. Blurr ran around the edge of the clearing, his feet digging into the dirt to keep traction as they chased with excitement.

Quickshadow smirked as she watched the spectacle, "Perhaps a bunch of little ones chasing you around isn't too bad."

"Easy for you to say! You're not the one being chased!"

Several minutes passed, and eventually the baby dinos all tired and slowed, returning to their parents' sides to rest.

"Thank Primus...!" Blurr murmured as he came to a stop beside Quickshadow, "I may have speed in the tank, but I don't have enough for all afternoon!"

Well, then good news. Salvage informed, The humans got the engine going again. They're heading back away from the island and should be in the clear shortly.

Quickshadow looked up at the sky, "That'll put us reaching Griffin Rock close to sunset, so we'll still be making Heatwave's deadline."

"Yeah..." Blurr winced as he lifted his leg to avoid putting weight on it. "...And I think Blades should take a look at this."