Epilogue

As the summer came to an end, you were back to training in the gym and working in the lab. You had set up a training schedule with Bucky and you had talked with Sam and Nat about maybe not being always on-call as an Avenger.

You wanted to enjoy your senior year, and though Peter felt more of a calling to the superhero lifestyle and you fully supported that, this double life wasn't for everyone and you were coming to terms with that.

You'd decided to stay at Midtown Tech. After you'd woken up from your coma, there had only been around three weeks before the school year started, and you'd been too tired to fill out an application and go through any sort of boarding school interview process.

You were sure that you would end up being okay with Peter and MJ one day. You and Peter were in a good place, and you weren't sleeping in each other's beds anymore and Peter was giving you some space.

So maybe you were going to be okay with letting him go.

"Ned and Betty are going through a thing so don't bring that up," Peter informed you as you picked him up for the first day of your senior year. You were back to driving and you hadn't realized how much you had missed it until you were back behind the wheel.

"I think Flash is trying to get with Veronica Grant, but he hasn't explicitly told anyone yet," Peter continued, typing away quickly on his phone.

After you'd all gotten back from the field trip, you'd seen your friends a couple times at parties or movie nights. But you'd mostly been spending your time recovering. The attack you'd endured from Mysterio was chemical, and its effects had lasted longer in some areas more than others.

You'd been tired and your body would kind of just shut down from time to time. The first time you'd passed out Peter had barely caught you before panicking while you'd been knocked out for a solid ten or so minutes, thinking you were falling back into some sort of coma.

But you were growing stronger every day and with school starting again, you were feeling better than you had in a long time. You'd missed having a routine, and picking Peter up in the mornings so you could both go to your favorite coffee shop before getting to school was your favorite part of your day.

It was Peter's as well, but he had a feeling he didn't need to tell you that.

Arriving in the coffee shop, you weren't surprised to see MJ standing in line, looking down at her phone and listening to music, yawning as she stepped forward still awaiting her turn.

"Oh, shit sorry I forgot to tell you I invited MJ. That's okay, right? It's not, like, a new daily thing or whatever, but she's just nervous about her new position for the school's journalism department thing and I figured she could use some ... bolstering?"

"Yeah of course, Pete," you said, squeezing his forearm in reassurance.

You hadn't had the guts to ask Peter about how he and MJ were, and they hadn't displayed a lot of PDA in the couple times you'd all hung out. In fact, you'd felt kind of guilty Peter had mostly stuck to your side when you'd been at Flash's party right before this weekend. You'd watched Peter and MJ laugh over the punch bowl about something as you'd talked with Betty about a science program she was interested in applying for, but other than that ... it had almost felt relatively normal like things used to be.

But you had been hanging out with Peter so much at the compound and on your own time - just the two of you - that you'd almost forgotten Peter had a girlfriend.

You sucked in a deep breath and took a moment to remind yourself that this was what Peter needed to be happy, and you were far beyond being moody about it. Things felt new and fresh - you had almost died - and you were really over being petty about little things like unrequited love.