Hide And Seek

Hello again!

Welcome to Chapter 1!

Now I implore you, if you have not read Act 1 (yes I know it's long as heck), I INSIST that you read that before you do anything! This will very likely not make any sense to you, but I mean, proceed if you want to.

Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~

°~7 Years Later~°

°~23rd November, 1789~°

(Third Person POV)

Children from each and every corner of the home sprinted through the halls. They didn't know where they were going, they just knew that they had to get away as quickly and swiftly as they could.

A boy, the eldest of the five, clutched desperately at his sister's hand to guide her along. They stumbled along the floorboards a rush of adrenaline that overcame them and made them laugh hysterically. He made a reach for the curtain in the sitting room, but alas, his younger brother got there first. "I'm here!!" the toddler declared, camouflaging himself rather obviously into it.

The boy grunted, dragging his sister upstairs. Another child, a girl, had just made it to the top and headed straight for the rooms to the left of the hall. He followed, but entered the room opposite to the one she had. "Quick!!" He beckoned his sister down upon her hands and knees and together they crawled underneath the bed.

Unable to control her chuckles, he shushed her and held his hand over her mouth.

And now they waited.

(Y/N POV)

"Ready or not, here I come!"

I uncovered my eyes and turned to face the kitchen. I had heard a cluster of loud footsteps scuttle up the stairs, though I was unable to determine how many there had been. Usually, Philip and Angelica would play this game as a team of two. They were inseparable. Therefore, it would naturally be easier for me to find them.

Junior always stuck to the same hiding spot. He couldn't understand that his methods weren't... necessarily effective. He was the most competitive out of them all so if I were to let him win, he would brag about it for days.

Nevertheless, Frances could be hidden for hours on end and we would never find her. She was no child, more like an apparition that came and disappeared. She much preferred to work individually, alike Junior.

In any case, my first decision was to find Junior. He and Philip always got into a quarrel over this game so I didn't want it to be his responsibility to find him. I wandered into the sitting room- his tiny shoes poked out from the bottom of the curtain. "Now where could he be..." I checked beneath the cushions, the table... everywhere I could before I revealed him. "Not here... Not here..." I repeated over again. After his small giggle, I unveiled the curtain. "Found you!"

"But that's not fair!!" he screeched. Junior was named after his father, therefore adopting the name Alexander Hamilton Jr. Within the first few months of his birth, calling the name 'Alexander' seemed to confuse everyone. Were we referring to the father or the son? And so, we nicknamed him 'Junior'. He adored the name as he believed that it made him look special. Even at 3 years of age now, the second to youngest of the five, he was the most lionhearted and boisterous. He made everything into a challenge and was almost a direct replication of his father.

"Come on, Junior, you know it's fair!" I exclaimed. "What's not fair is that you hide in the same place in every game! Why don't you try somewhere else next time?"
"No! I will win right here!!"
"...Whatever you say." I sighed. "Come on, help me find the others."