🌸 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 10 🌸

Tanjiro perched himself on the front porch of his masters hut admiring the (h/c) girl from a distance a wistful smile on his face, he watched her flip through pages of the novel she held firmly in her grasp he noted how her eyes would light up, th...

Tanjiro perched himself on the front porch of his masters hut admiring the (h/c) girl from a distance a wistful smile on his face, he watched her flip through pages of the novel she held firmly in her grasp he noted how her eyes would light up, the way her cheeks flushed and her mouth would fall open as she read through the pages of the romance novel, "if you keep staring it might get creepy," a familiar voice said derailing his train of thought he perked up meeting a pair of dark raven eyes "am I being obvious?" Tanjiro mumbled shyly poking his fingers together.

"You're as transparent as glass," Koji replied leaning against the door frame arms crossed over his chest a half-grin spreading across his face, "love is a hard emotion to miss on someone's face," Tanjiro opened his mouth to respond when a tall figure appeared carrying luggage on his back chimes jingling in the wind, "my name is haganezuka," the masked man introduced himself,

"I have forged your swords." he said lowering the luggage off his back dropping it on the porch "and I'm here to deliver them," he gestured to the luggage laying on the porch, "these are the nichirin swords I have forged." The burgundy boy looked at the man, a sheepish look on his face, he tilted his head.

"Please come in so I can serve you some tea." He asked politely gesturing for the man to step inside the hut, "The materials for a nichirin sword." he responded boastfully staring off into the distance Tanjiro smiled awkwardly listening to the eccentric ramblings of the swordsmith, "Can be obtained from the mountain closest to the sun, scarlet crimson iron sand, and scarlet crimson ore, these produce steel that can absorb sunlight." (y/n) let out an exasperated sigh tapping her fingers against the novel she had been previously absorbed in impatiently, "wow is that so?" He humoured the swordsmith.

"Mt. Yoko is bathed in sunlight all day long, never a cloud in the sky nor rain." He continued to explain the burgundy haired boy listened patiently, "you're going to get dirty so could you get up for a second." He asked the sword-smith politely,

The man turned around revealing his kabuki clown mask, "a clown mask!?" Tanjiro exclaimed in a stunned voice, his jaw-dropping in surprise, "Hey you're a child of brightness aren't you!" haganezuka blurted out leaning in closer his eyes studying the burgundy haired boy from under his clown mask,

"Now that's what I call lucky." He held a hand up brushing his comment off dismissively "Oh no, I am the son of Tanjuro and Kie" he corrected nonchalantly, "that's not what I meant." haganezuka replied, tapping his finger against the boy's forehead gently.

"See how your hair and eyes are a reddish colour? When a kid like you is born into a family that works with fire, it's considered lucky and a cause for celebration." He explained jabbing his finger into the boy's soft cheek roughly "is that right? I had no idea." Tanjiro muttered trying to pull away,

He turned his attention to the pair of lotus dancers that lurked quietly in the doorway of the hut, "It has been more than a decade since I crafted a sword for one of the famous lotus dancers," he said giddily smirking under his mask, "It is an honour to serve Lady Himari." He bowed respectfully, "there's a good chance one of these swords will turn red, right urokodaki," he said calling into the hut with a Cheshire like grin hidden beneath his kabuki mask.