1 | Past

"Why did you want me here for, Matt?" 

I sat down on the bench near by, as Matthew, my boyfriend, stood by the falling leaves, which was pouring on his head. He sighed, as if I understood him, he sadly held my hand, softly.

We were at the park, and he said he wanted to tell me something.

"Listen, Evangeline, I know this isn't going to be easy for you, but.." He stopped.

"But?" I wondered, he put my hands back, and back away slowly. He was..

"We..are over." 

Simple 3 words stuck in my head ever since.

It's only been 2 years between me and him, our anniversary didn't even bothered to stop by, we were young lovers. We dated only for 4 months and then he told me that this is not working out. For him and me.

I sighed, tears fall as they reached on my shoulders.

I got up, made myself a warm mug of coffee to cheer me up, but it didn't work.

Even though it has been 2 years ever since we broke up, but I can't get over him. I, at least.

A nice guy like him deserves someone better than me, I thought to myself, chilling in my cabin as I took out of the drawers, my album, or our album. I wondered if he ever remembered me anymore.

I turned the pages, looking at out happy memories, now we are apart. The book was old enough to collect dust, as I turn, my fingertips were all black. Dust stuck on my left hand and some on my cheek.

I went to the bathroom, while washing I took a peek of myself in the mirror.

"Oh wow. I look hideous."

My face were dried from the cold tears, leaving them frozen on my canthi, and my face was blurry from the distance I tried to reach my wiper, I couldn't see clearly..

I woke up in a comfy bed, I thought I was in the bathroom earlier, I stood up.

My mom peeked in and got me all tucked up in bed again, she slowly said,

"Give yourself a rest, honey. You've been through too much."

She calmly gave me a soft kiss on my forehead and leave the room, shutting the door lightly.

"Been through too much..I've been through a lot.." I echoed her, sighing as I reach my glasses. I took my phone out, looking back at our texts, how we were like husband and wife, now were like strangers.

Then suddenly, I caught a glimpse of an enrollment. "Talent Academy" as the labeled said. 

I dig in further about this academy and found it quite, interesting.

Only auditions that are talented enough would pass and got accepted in this school, I stopped for a moment, my eyes sparkled. 

I think I got a hand of this.

I was in my old school's Talent show and prove that I was capable of singing, and I did. People said I have a delighted voice and I was thrilled to do this.

I was confident, and my mom was happy too. It has been awhile of me thinking about something else except for my past. Mom said fondly, I smiled at her.

Past is Past, I can't change it.

I decided to try and let it over me, and I will.

I will have independent of being myself, getting perks for me. And my goal, is to reach this academy. ▽▽▽