Chapter 25

I have no idea how long it's been, but I do know where I am. I have been chained in this clearing for at least a few days. I don't know how long I was knocked out before we got here. But I sat beside two spots in the grass, they look as though someone had been laying in them and never got up.
At night I would beg for the moon goddess to help me, but she never came.

I would lay in the spot on the grass where the indentation was, my body fit perfectly. This spot felt warmer than others. When I would close my eyes to sleep I would have these vivid dreams. And this night was no different.

*I was floating from above softly being planted on the ground. I looked up at the sky and smiled at the moon. Only I was watching myself like a third person. I stood from the spot I had been placed and began walking towards the trees. How have I not noticed this before? Wolves began to come out, but I wasn't afraid. That's when I heard myself speak. "My pack, it is I kiala I have returned to you, now you must listen to me. You have abilities that others do not and you have to trust me. Close your eyes and feel the moon beat down on your fur. Picture yourselves with two legs instead of four, picture arms and fingers, picture feeling the moon beams on skin." I watched as they all listened. One by one the shifted into naked humans, I could hear the confusion from the crowd. "The moon goddess has blessed us with a gift. We can shift between the two figures, human and wolf. We will live longer, be stronger and faster, and will be destined to have mates who will love us for eternity. All she ask is we do not forget about her. Our mother, the moon goddess. We will feast and run every full moon to honor her, praising and dancing in her honor. We will not allow our children to forget her. I am your Luna, and once my mate finds me he will be your alpha. Our titles will be passed down to our children and we will be prosperous. Come my loves, let's celebrate in honor of our mother." The werewolves let out a howl to the moon goddess as they all began to talk to each other and walk away. I tried to follow but my feet stayed planted where they were.*

'This is not a dream my child.'

What who said that? I tried to open my eyes but couldn't.

'It is me Layla, your mother, don't tell me you've forgotten me.'

Moon goddess?

'Yes my dear, I have come to speak to you. Keno has followed your soul back to earth as you had said and now he wants revenge.'

How do I stop him?

'You have to remember Layla. Remember who you are. Remember your destiny. Remember your duty to not only myself and you, but to your people. You are the original werewolf. You are my first daughter. I will always be with you. Just look to the moon and howl. I will be there. Listen to kiala. Much like you she has taken another name I believe it is Avery. But listen to her, she is wise beyond your years, she remembers.'

With that my eyes fluttered open to reveal the clearing. The sun was rising and I felt my body tense. I looked at the spot I was laying as flashes of my past flew across my vision. This is where I laid down to die next to kiala's fur. This is the clearing I would prais the goddess nightly with the Forrest watching. That wasn't a dream, that was a memory.

'There you are Layla, I have been patiently waiting for you to surface.'

Oh kiala my dear friend how I have missed you.

'You must not let keno know that you remember. You have to make him believe you still think you are just Rox. I have to pretend I'm not here because the wolfsbane faded a few hours quicker than he planned. Call out to your father let him know where you are. Trust your instincts.'

With that she faded to the back of my head. I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep still Incase keno came back while I mind linked my father.

'Father, I am in the clearing in West Virginia. Enisi knows where it is. Tell her I remember. She will understand. I have to go now he is coming back. I love you.' I threw my mind block up so he wouldn't distract me.