Date~

Chapter 10...

9/25/2004

Dear Diary....Oh my goddess, I'm happy! Super happy! I got to go on a date with Becky! Oh yeah, lets recap on what happened. Rachel dyed my hair, and I thought my grandma was gonna kill me, but she let me keep the dye in my hair! And then the chapter after that.... Nevermind that chapter, I don't like thinking about that chapter, but right now, I'm happy! I got to date with Becky, I got to date with Becky! Well, technically not a date, I won a contest at school. The award was this free dinner at this restaurant and I get to choose one person. I was gonna pick Rachel or Sadie, but they were all like, "Invite Becky!" and so, I invited her. It's was this really fancy restaurant that only people who look like rich slobs go to and trust me, me and Becky did not look rich at all, even though we lived in a high class neighborhood with high class houses and high class families who work at high class jobs! (My grandma is a nurse and Becky dad is a lawyer) we looked...Middle class, yeah, that what's you call it! When we sat down at a table, everything looked so expensive and fancy! Well almost everything...Mmm...A bacon double cheeseburger....

Next page...

Who knew they serve that kind of stuff here. When the waiter came, he looked like one of those fancy butlers you see in rich people houses. You know what Becky said to the waiter? She said, "Hey, you look like the butler from that batman series!" I laugh and laugh, and so did Becky. Everybody was looking at us. The waiter then said, "Very funny. Now, what do you two like to have." At the same time, we both said "Double bacon cheeseburger with extra fries!" Really loudly. Everybody was looking at us like we were crazy, and then, I order us to strawberry shortcakes for the dessert. "Will that be all, city girls?" I was like, did he call us city girls?! (In my city, city girls means nasty poor slobs who has no class!) I almost yelled at this butler- I mean waiter! Then Becky said, "Yeah, that will be all, fancy boy!" I gasped, I didn't know Becky knew such words! The butler did a little hmph, and went inside the kitchen. (Also, fancy boy means a pamper spoil brat that has no manners.)

Next page.....

I talked with Becky a little bit, but then, she asked a question. "Mary, why did you invite me here? Why not your other friends?" I felt like my heart stopped for a second, Becky can't know that the only reason why I invited her was because I wanted to go on a date with her! If she knew that, she would reject me and say, "lets stay friends!" but that won't be the worst thing ever because we can still be friends! Before I could say anything, the waiter arrived. He put the food down on our table and we started eating. Becky noticed that I had a piece of food on my chest, so she got a napkin, and wiped the food off my chest. That was nice of her. We were done eating, so we took the rest of the food home. I called my grandma to come pick us up. While we were waiting outside for my grandma to pick us up, Becky asked again, "You didn't answer my question from earlier, why did you invite me here?" This time, I felt my heart beating faster, and I didn't know what to do, so I just ran. I ran back to my grandma's house, and went inside. (I had my house key on me.) I then went upstairs and flop on bed. Oh god, that end was a disaster.