Hank Palmers Assistant

AFTER A LONG WAIT- HERE IT IS!!

(NOT EDITED SO MIND THE ERRORS)

Short Story

Based on the character from The judge (2014). Hank Palmer aka Robert Downey Jr.

Synopsis
Hank Palmer is a Popular attorney who is known for his brilliant work.

His assistant Evelyn Wolfe by his side through all of it.

As one of Palmer most biggest cases comes to an end, Evelyn and him go out to a fancy bar to celebrate. With the job aside, they both get to know each other better than before. As drinks fill n' empty, and awkward  conversations turn to playful talk, Palmer invites Evelyn back to his place for more celebration🥴😉

Ok y'all here we go again🤭 (SMUT AT THE END- DONT READ IF UNDERAGED OR NOT UR CUP OF TEA)

Whitemont Court House, Chicago.

"The defendant is found GUILTY of all charges and will have the sentencing tomorrow at 7:00 am. This court is adjourned"

With the snap of the wooden gavel, the courtroom grew a small murmur. Mr. Palmer's largest case yet had just ended with a victory.

"All rise!" The bailiff spoke.

I set my notes down beside me and stood up from my seat. Mr. Palmer stood tall and proud as he shook hands with his client. The judge stood and left his position, letting the rest of the room slowly make its way out. People slowly shifted around me as I stood, planted in my spot, watching Mr. Palmer proudly shake hands with multiple people who had followed him through this whole trial.

I waited until he was gathering his papers into his briefcase to approach him.

"Congratulations sir"

When I spoke, he turned around with a bright smile. He stood with confidence as I slightly peaked at his open suit. His soft blue button-up was showing and revealing a tight fit. A lovely habit of his always to unbutton his suits when he'd sit down; in-between his debriefings.

"Thanks, dear, Couldn't've done it without you" His tone sweet but serious.

We've been through many cases, but this one was the hardest most drug-out one we had. Lots of restless nights unraveling more defenses and proof of concept.

I smiled and tried to hold back the heat flushing on my face. His dark brown eyes appearing a bit brighter in the lighting of the courthouse. The slight crows' feet at the corners of his eyes almost added a twinkle to his expression.

"Oh- I can assure you, that this was all you."

Mr. Palmer then clicked his briefcase closed and turned all the way so he had his full attention on me. The well fitted and may I add expensive suit, at full view.

My eyes wandered his figure while he swiftly did up the button on his suit. His costly watch peeking out from the sleeve of his expensive attire.

"Ms. Wolfe. Without you, I wouldn't have gotten that last witness in." He proceeded to take a step closer. "You and your mysterious ways made it happen."

Just an arm's length apart, his eyes stared back at mine. I gave a small smile to show my gratitude and shifted my footing. This sudden attention had a bit of goosebumps crawling up my back.

His eyes flickered down to the floor, then gradually back up to mine. He stepped in closer and rested his hand on my arm.

"Very proud to have you on my team Evelyn"