A Death in the Host Club!

~Tamaki POV~

     I was so excited to get back to the Host Club. My goldfish, Alberto, was waiting for me! I had always wanted a fish, but in France, I had never gotten the chance to get one. Here in Japan, my father had said that it was a commoner's pet and had gotten me a dog instead. Don't get me wrong I love my dog, but I was so happy when I convinced Kyoya to buy a goldfish! Of course, Haruhi had to help us find the commoner pet store.

~Kyoya POV~

     "When did this happen?" I asked, gesturing to the dead goldfish in front of me. "Well, we're not exactly sure," Hikaru said as he slung his arm over the back of the couch he was sitting on, "It was like that when we came in," Karou added as he plopped down beside his brother. I sighed and pushed up my glasses, "Well, since we can't find out how it died, we can't punish anyone. Now, we need to replace the fish," I turned towards the rest of the Host Club. "Tamaki can't know."

~Haruhi POV~

     I was shocked when I came in this morning. Why? Because I was there when the fish died, about fifteen minutes if I'm remembering correctly. When I walked in Hunny had been trying to feed the fish cake, and I guess rich people wouldn't own goldfish, so I don't blame him and promised not to tell anyone. Maybe that was a mistake because now I'm walking into another pet store to buy Tamaki a fake fish.

     "Umm, excuse me, sir?" I awkwardly tried to get the attention of the young cashier at the counter. "Oh, hi, how may I help you?" He asked, leaning forwards onto the counter, "Can I get a goldfish please?" I asked him, not expecting the answer that I got. "Sorry ma'am, we're all out!" He gestured towards the fish section as he said it and I saw a small sign mentioning it. I coughed uncomfortably and left the shop. How do you run out of goldfish?! 

~Hunny POV~ 

     I didn't know giving the fish cake would kill him! I just thought he would enjoy it! I know I enjoy it, why wouldn't a goldfish?  I hugged Usa-chan and looked at the door, when Tamaki got here, would Kyoya's plan have worked? It's not like I doubt Kyoya, his plans usually work, but what if Haru-chan got held up at the pet shop? I looked over to Takashi and kicked him lightly with my foot to get his attention.

     "Takashi, do you think Kyo-chan and Tama-chan will get mad if they found out it was me?" I asked, and Takashi did sort of a weird shrug, "I hope not, I didn't mean it! You now that right Takashi?" I worried and Takashi nodded his head. "Good, I knew you would be on my side!" I said happily, and then I heard something at the door.

~Hikaru and Karou POV~

     We looked at the door as Tamaki quickly came running inside yelling about something or other. Kyoya visibly tensed and pulled Tamaki in the opposite direction from the empty goldfish tank. We looked at each other and sighed. Someone would have to get Tamaki out of here if Haruhi was going to replace the fish. We heard Tamaki whine loudly to Kyoya from the other side of the room, "Common Kyoya, I wanna go see Alberto!" Kyoya coughed and pulled Tamaki back towards him, "Alberto is resting Tamaki we can't go over there," Kyoya said calmly. We walked over to them.

     "Hey M'lord, maybe you shouldn't hound your boyfriend over a fish, Alberto will still be there later." We said in unison as we texted Haruhi that Tamaki had already arrived. "Hey! You can't tell me what to complain to my boyfriend about!" Tamaki yelled at us, we noticed Kyoya had just hung his head to stare at his feet, we didn't blame him.

~Mori POV~ 

     I stared on at the scene unfolding in front of me, Haruhi had just walked in holding a goldfish, causing Tamaki to look at Kyoya in disbelief before running over to the fish tank and screaming when Alberto wasn't there. I looked down at Mitskuni and sighed, all this could have been avoided if he hadn't fed the fish. I couldn't hold it against him though, I cared for him too deeply. Tamaki was hysterically crying over the death of Alberto and Kyoya was desperately trying to calm him down. I guess this is what happens when there's a death in the host club.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you like this one shot, it didn't exactly turn out how I wanted but I think it's alright. Tell me what you think in the comments!

Word count: 796