22

Cal had fallen asleep at the drop of a hat as soon as you told him, "You should get some sleep." You found it hilarious and adorable at the same time, and it took everything inside you not to brush back the ginger hair that lay across his forehead. You decided to leave him be though after a few moments, realizing that it did no good for your heart to watch the other.

"Y/N!" Cere called out, drawing you out of the backroom and into the main area. "I think it's about time we taught you some basic battling tactics..." She announced with a wink. Only a breath was all it took for a sudden giddiness to overtake your entire body.
"Really?" You asked incredulously, not quite sure if you had heard her right. You'd been wanting to be taught for a while, but you had known that they didn't have any time to do so; but now, now they could.
"Of course, " Cere asserted gently, a soft smile toying at the corners of her lips as she looked at your happy state.
With that, you swiftly grabbed your lightsaber and Cere hers, and you took to the outside, enjoying the air of freedom that came with it as well.

It was a beautiful night, the beginning of the sunset peaking just above the canopy of trees in the east. The dusk began painting absolutely gorgeous indigo and rosy hues across the dimming sky. The older commenced with teaching you the basic tactics for an hour or two until you got the hang of it. Beginning to do it with effortlessness and ease as she requested for one after the other. Soon enough Cere found it prudent that the both of you began sparring, so that's what you did.

Cere and you danced in the waning sunlight, her moves as effortless as breathing. As you battled, you began to struggle with taking the offensive, but Cere did her best at trying to help you.

The buzz of a lightsaber purposefully missing your stomach awakened you from your exhausted stupor. You had stopped to catch a breath, but Cere was not having it.
"You don't get to stop to catch a breath in battle!" Care called out, the green tint of her lightsaber the only thing to illuminate the mock sneer sketched across her face. You steadied yourself and sucked in a breath as you drew up your lightsaber. You balanced into the position you'd been taught since you were a mere child, it was second nature. The igniting of your lightsaber was the only noise that filled the still air. At the motion, Cere took her chance and pounced, sprinting at you like a cheetah on the hunt. She began twirling her saber in dizzying swirls, but you did not lose focus. You blocked her attack skillfully, suddenly fighting back with an intensity you hadn't felt before. Cere grinned at your newfound fervor and matched it with ease. As it went on, you parried and ducked, rarely ever being on the offensive, and it was tiring you out. As you sparred, a sudden whirlwind of fake-outs came your way, and you somehow managed to parry them all, your breath coming in short bursts now. But before you could even comprehend though, Cere managed to twirl around and get you from behind to your dismay. You sighed in defeat as you let out your lightsaber, as Cere rounded to face you, you could see how her smile only brightened at the action.
"Same time tomorrow?" Cere asked, making you roll your eyes.
"Duh, " you said jokingly, making Cere chuckle lightly.
In the distance, you heard claps ring out. It had become pitch black out now, the only light for you was the stars, and even that was dim. As you and Cere walked towards the sound, in the direction of the ship, a steady trickle of rainfall began to fall from the clouds above. At the opened hatch Cal stood leaning against the doorframe. He held his left side with his right arm, as well as a slightly pained smile etched across his face, but that didn't seem to dampen the excitement in his eyes.
"That was amazing..." Cal trailed off breathlessly, an emotion you couldn't quite label pooling inside his eyes like how one would pour gold. Your cheeks tinted under the unreadable gaze and you nearly lost your voice.
"T-thank you but I'm a bit rusty..." You quietly murmured, causing Cal to laugh slightly.
"You're adorable, " he said softly, making your cheeks tint an even rosier shade. Cere chuckled and you could just sense the eye roll she threw at you two.
"This is gross. Can I get inside now??" Cere pleaded in mock annoyance, making Cal laugh joyfully, clutching his side tighter as if it hurt.
"Of course!" Cal declared with a half-hearted bow and moved aside so Cere could shuffle her way inside. After her Cal and you trudged, and as you stood there in the main area, you knew that you didn't want to leave his side.
"C-could you..." Cal began but trailed off as you turned your attention towards him. He bit his lip in thought, which definitely didn't cause a shockwave to run through you. You were happy it was dim so you could hide your blush easier. "Ah nevermind..." Cal mumbled quietly, causing you to snap your head in his direction suspiciously.
"Tell me..." You argued softly, a sudden urge to want to know what he was about to say overtaking you. Cal looked conflicted as he stood there, internally debating whether or not to tell you it seemed. He opened his mouth once or twice but no words came out. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, he spoke.
"Could you maybe stay with me... until I fall asleep?" He asked ever so quietly that you had to lean into him to hear. He ran a hand through his hair to try and calm his nerves, and you smiled a goofy smile as you comprehended what he just asked.
"Of course!" You whispered, mimicking the same tone that he had used with Cere. He smiled, and you could tell his cheeks were red but you couldn't see it, only sense it.