Chapter 52 - Winter

Y'all do know that I can see when you skip chapters- Right? XD -Golden

---

The first half hour, Elle, Sachiko, the girl, didn't speak a word.

She just listened to her siblings speak, let Shoto hold her from behind on top of the hospital bed, his grip tight and comforting, neglecting the thought of ever letting go during this visit.

Natsuo was as bright as ever she noted, with his proclamation of gifts the three had set out and bought for her, Fuyumi showing them to her with a shaky smile, still registering that her little sister was in front of her, breathing, hearing, seeing- Her worried thoughts didn't hinder her away from the excitement and adrenaline she felt in her heart and mind. Here she was, safe and sound.

Natsuo soon began placing the gifts around the room, glancing behind his shoulder to her once in a while, waiting for a nod or a shake of the head to confirm that's where she wanted the placement to be.

She didn't expect them to bring gifts for her, and would of asked them why but was stopped by Shoto, who somehow knew what she was thinking despite not sharing the same thoughts, only the same emotions when they were strong enough.

"For all of the missed birthdays." He simply stated, the side of his head laid on top of her head. She wondered how he felt that was comfortable for him.

"Which would be..." Natsuo began to mentally count to himself, but also unconsciously counting on his fingers like a preschooler

"9?"

"10, Natsuo." The actual teacher in the room corrected.

"No no no! Didn't we celebrate her and Shoto's 5th?"

"That would make them 14, not 15." Fuyumi deadpanned, honestly wondering how he got accepted into university.

"We will be 16 soon, the number doesn't matter anyways." Shoto added, mentally thinking about how their birthday is less than two months away. Natsuo continued to count back, failing to do the math correctly before letting out a frustrated groan.

"Still! The point is Sachiko, we got you a lot of gifts to make up for it!" Yeah, she still didn't enjoy being called by that. She was pretty sure she had long pummeled the name into the ground and burnt it to ash before lodging it into the sea. She felt awkward telling them to call her Elle, because well... They remembered her as Sachiko, not Elle.

Shoto felt her discomfort, and switched the subject. "I brought some books with me that you can read, some are from UA if you want to get back into studying for that placement test."

"Placement test?" Fuyumi questioned, blinking her eyes. "Wait? For school?" She nodded along with Shoto, Natsuo stopping himself from pointing out how in sync their nods were.

"Before everything happened, she was studying for a placement test to be placed into a grade. I figured she would want something to do."

"I have some books as well! Shoto you should have told me! I still have books from when I was getting my teaching license!"

"Oh."

"Dont oh me."

"Oh."

"...Seriously?" Elle cracked a smile at her brother's sass, grabbing the book Natsuo was handing to her. She stared down at the cover, reading it before flipping it over, seeing in the bottom left corner the 'UA' insignia.

"Looks like next time I visit I will have something to bring you!" Fuyumi pointed out, watching the younger twin gloss over the pages, expertly skimming her thumb down the connected pieces of paper.