Chapter one

Hailey's POV
"Baby, are you sure you're settled in? Do you need more money? I can get your dad to send more." My mother said as I was on the phone with her. I moved away from Arizona a few weeks ago and she's been calling my phone every 15 minutes since then. "Yes mom I'm ok, I don't need anymore money and yes I'm settled in." I paused. "I have a modelling gig in a couple hours, I need to get ready. Can I call you back tonight?" I finished, lying to my mom. Ok so I didn't really have a gig, but I do have to look for a job so technically I didn't lie.
"Sure hun, I love you." She said hanging up.
I let out a few sighs. Ok I'll admit, moving out here was tough, but I needed a change. Moving to New York City can do me good. I know it can.
-
-
Justin's POV
"Come on Scooter, do I really need to go NYC?" I said sipping on my iced coffee. "Yes Justin, you're performing in Madison Square Garden in less than a month, you need to practice." He said sighing.
Ok I get it I'm hard to manage, I can be stubborn. But Selena and I just broke up, I caught her cheating on me with Abel, also known as The Weeknd, weird fucken name I know. They're staying in New York as we speak and I don't want to have to bump into them. I can just punch this dude. Selena hasn't done this once, she's done it multiple times. And I'm sick of it, I've stayed through it all, she's hurt me a lot. I need to breathe on my own for a while and think.
We pulled into our hotel and I can be less excited, I didn't want to be here, I wanted to be at home in LA in my bed but no Scooter dragged me out. But I love my fans so I'm doing this for them not Scooter or myself. We reached the pent house and I immediately threw myself on the king sized bed. "Hey Biebs, take a shower. We're leaving to rehearsals in 20." Scooter said before leaving my room. I sighed. I opened my suit case and grabbed a pink DrewHouse hoodie and some shorts.
-
-
Hailey's POV
"I think you'll like it here, working in a café is pretty easy." Said Lily, the helper. "This is what you do, let's say someone were to order an iced coffee, ok? You gotta make sure this cooler is always filled with ice, so you grab your cup and drag the cup threw the ice, so your cup has ice in it now, now you gotta pour the coffee. There done." She said sticking a straw through the lid. "Here, I hope you like iced coffee." She said handing me the cup. I laughed "sure, thanks. I think I'll like it too, it's better than Arizona." I said drinking my iced coffee. "You lived in Arizona? What was it like there?" She said wiping counters.
"I mean, it was nice. But I felt like I needed a change, you know? I mean I'm 23 years old and working as a T.A teaching assistant is not what I wanted to do with my life." I said. "So what do you wanna do?" She said finishing up. "Ok don't laugh. I wanna be a model. Like for Calvin Klein and New York magazines." "Wow, really? I think you'd be great! I mean you have the body and the structure." Lily finished. I laughed. "Yeah, I do. But I need a portfolio, and I need to be experienced which I am not." I said. As I finished my sentence, a costumer walked in. "Hi, I'd like a medium coffee two sugar one cream and a strawberry muffin, please." The man said smiling. "Yes, sir" I responded before making his coffee.
"There we go, anything else?" I said handing him his coffee and muffin. "No thank you." He said testing his coffee out. "Ok, that'll be $6.10." I said punching the price of his coffee and muffin into the computer. He handed me $10 and left.
"What do I do with the rest of his change?" I asked Lily. "Keep it, he left you a tip, as in your services were great." She said handing me a container for my 'tips'
-
-
The day went pretty fast, everything worked out great. I was now at home eating pizza freshly bathed and binge watching 'Friends'.

*Hi! I hope you all liked this chapter, please keep in mind that this is my very first time writing a fan fiction. Thank you. If you like it I will continue to write more☺️
-Raquel."