Love's a funny thing, isn't it?

Love's a funny thing, isn't?

You only need the light when it burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go
...
And you let her go
_________________________________________

The small girl panted, gripping her blanket and drawing it as close to her petite body as she could. She brought her knobbly knees close to her shaking torso, letting out another sharp breath. Her desperate gasps and loud sobs slowly morphed into calmer breaths and quiet sniffles. "I need to go to the bathroom.." She spoke out loud, though it was directed towards no one but herself. Slowly, she rose, wiping the tears from her eyes and pink cheeks, throwing her blanket off her body and standing up.

----------- time skip ---------

Himiko washed her hands, though her unfocused gaze went straight to her reflection. She giggled slightly at how messy her bedhead was, her front bangs were ok, but the back and left side of her hair looked more like a red blob then anything. She could notice some stray tears still clinging to her pale face, as dry as the cold sweat that dripped down from her forehead and rested on each of her cheeks. She finnished washing her hands and soaked her palms in water, then splashed it all on her face. She rubbed it all over, making sure to close her eyes, then pressed her face into the admittedly soft towels. (She couldn't deny, even though they were trapped here and forced to kill each other, Monokuma did provide some nice rooms)

She walked out of the bathroom, staring at her no-longer made bed for a few seconds before realizing that despite being exhausted, she felt no desire to sleep. Instead she walked right passed the bed to her door.
Maybe a walk can clear my head of that nightmare.. She thought.
It wasn't anything new. Since she's been trapped here, most of her sleep had been plagued with nightmares. It was making her even more drowsy in the day, and if you looked closely, you could see the dark circles under her eyes. So she went out her door and to the courtyard outside the dormitories, not bothering to put on her jacket. She shivered as she stepped outside, though partially from the loss of the warmth the dormitories had, it was mostly out of fear. This place was scary enough as it was at the day time, but at the night when it lacked any people made it even more terrifying. No, it wasn't the lack of people; actually quite the opposite. It was the lack of any visible people, the thought that a murderer could be hiding behind that bush right there and- what was that sound? Amidiatly she looked behind the bush, but found no one hiding there. She paused for a few moments before hearing the sound again. It was a person. It sounded almost like screaming, not out of fear, but something else she didn't have the energy, or mana to find out. She stepped closer, walking down the path where she had heard the sound. Stupid curiosity... She thought as she took more careful steps. She saw a small stick sticking out of a bush which she grabbed, gripping it tightly until her knuckles turned white (even whiter than they already were) and holding it up as if it was some type of weapon. Better then nothing... She heard the sound again, and started running towards it. She closed her eyes and ran down the steps, (almost tripping a few times) and into the circular courtyard.
"Whose there!?" She shouted, bringing the stick out, as if it were threatening.
She took some deep breaths, hearing no response she bit her lip and nervously opened her right eye, only to see no one there. She took a few cautious steps back, about to go back to her room  before before she heard the sound again, this time louder and even more like a scream. She gulped. It sounded like it came from Tenko's lab... she thought, about to pass it off as the girl doing some type of training... at 4 A.M. in the morning... she couldn't deny it was somewhat suspicious, but also gave a good opening if anyone were to- She gulped again. Sure, she may have found Tenko annoying, (she was always clinging to her and making comments about her, even when she made it clear she wanted to be left alone!) but she couldn't bear the thought of another murder, especially so soon after the last. It had taken her awhile to accept that they were really dead. Rantaro, Kaede, Ryoma. Kirumi... their really gone. But I don't want anyone else to join them..! With that final thought, she gripped the stick even tighter (if that was possible) and ran into the lab.