It wasn't a cosplayer..?

"Tenko..?"

But she didn't get a response, just felt the girl's warmth as she held her tightly.

Himiko's eyes began to water, and she wrapped her own arms (which had previously been glued to her sides) around Tenko as well, choosing not to question how or why she was here to instead weap into her shoulders.

This must've been a dream. But even if it was, she was going to enjoy the warm embrace.

After what could've been an hour (but was probably only a few minutes) Tenko let go, tenderly taking the redhead's small hands in her own.

Despite her better attempts to stop crying, she still quietly sobbed. Tenko smiled sympathetically, gently wiping the tears away, hands lingering on her pink cheeks.

"Tenko?" Her voice was small and shaky.

"Yes?" God, it felt amazing to hear her voice again.

"Pinch me..." She pleaded, resting her head against the warm body. "Please..."

Her touch hesitated. Himiko couldn't see her face, but she assumed her bright smile wavered. Despite that, Tenko pushed the small girl away from her chest. (Recieving a whine from said small girl) She had a more serious look on her face now, as she lifted her arm, making sure Himioo could see in, and squeezed the skin between her thumb and middle finger hard.

Himiko lept up, pulling her arm out of her grasp as she let out a loud yelp. She rubbed at her arm, about to complain about how it hur-

It hurt. Her eyes widened and she looked Tenko in the eyes.

This wasn't a dream.

The tears that had only just stopped flowing came back, and she went back into Tenko's arms.

"T-tenko..." She sobbed. "I-it's really... h-how are yo-"

"Shh," She took a finger, gently shushing her. "That doesn't matter right now."

Tenko was crying now too, and they just stood there. In the doorway of her apartment, clutching at eachother as close as they possibly could and sobbing.

"Himiko!"

Maki came rushing in, probably after hearing Himiko's shout.

She glared, and ripped Himiko from Tenko's arms, shoving her out of the apartment door and locking it.

Himiko wiped her tears, and shot a look at Maki.

Malik's glare turned into a more sympathetic look as she pat Himiko on the shoulder.

"Yumeno-san... I know you miss Chabashira but..." She averted her gaze, sighing then turning back to the redhead. "It's just a cosplayer, she's... they're all..."

Maki looked away, a sad look in her eye and her grip on Himiko's shoulder tightened. She ripped away from the hold, and glared at Maki.

"She wasn't a cosplayer!" Himiko shouted. "She was- sh-she was-"

Maki's sad look changed to and angry one.
"They're all dead Himiko!" Tiny tear drops formed in Maki's eyes.

Himiko remembered back to when they first woke up.

After Kiibo's sacrifice the entire world began to crash, then next thing they knew they had woken up in hospital beds. They were greeted by some worker at Team Danganronpa who told them that the killing game had taken place inside a virtual reality and handed them their reward money for surviving. Of course, the first question they all asked when they heard the killing game wasn't real was if all of their friends would be ok.

They never gave them a straight answer. "When you die in the game your mind still thinks it's dead" "Usually we pull everyone out at the end of the game" "The virtual world crashed and everyone got kicked"
"This has never happened so we can not say for certain what will happen"

They couldn't say for certain what would happen. At first, they thought that everything would be fine, that their friends would wake up and they could be happy, even if they were fictional characters.

But then a week passed. And another. Team Danganronpa told them the longest it's taken for someone to wake up had been a little under a week, and that had been one of the most violent and gruesome deaths, people like Rantaro, or Angie, or Tenko who had died quickly usually woke up within a few hours or at most a day.

By the time three weeks had passed by and nobody had woken up, the three survivors had given up hope of their friends ever waking up.

Himiko wasn't stupid. She knew that chances were Maki was right, and that the Tenko she had just seen was just a cosplayer. But she didn't want to believe that. She wanted to believe that everything would be ok, that that really was Tenko and that all of their friends would wake up.

Maybe she was stupid, but that didn't matter.

"I know..." She whispered, not even sure if Maki could hear her.

But she did. And she swiftly wiped away any of the new tears that had been forming. It was quiet, but she heard a small, practically silent sorry.

Then Shuichi walked over. He had a vacant expression on his face, his eyes dark as put a hand on Maki's shoulder and whispered in her ear.

Her eyes widened and the tears she'd been trying so hard to cover and wipe away finally poured out. Himiko shot a confused look as she sobbed.

"W-what happened?" Did she really want to know?

Both Shuichi and Maki looked at eachother then to her. Yep, she definitely needed to know.

"I-I just got a call from Team Danganronpa..." Shuichi still seemed to be in shock himself, his voice wavering. "They..."

"It wasn't a cosplayer." Maki (who had now contained herself and stopped crying) cut him off.

What?

"It wasn't a cosplayer..?"

They both looked over to the door where Tenko had been shut out just a few minutes ago.

___________________________________________

a/n: ayy, sorry this took a while, I have absolutly no update scedual and kind of post whenever... so yeah. This was also a bit shorter, the next chapter should be a bit longer, it just depends how long it takes me to write!  (╥﹏╥)
(988 words)