remember

‪꒰ 记得 ꒱in which yoongi has dreams of his soulmate from a past life

‪꒰ 记得 ꒱
in which yoongi has dreams of his soulmate from a past life ... ▐

‪꒰ WARNINGS ꒱
yoonkook,, 2 of 2 parts,, second life ,, reincarnation ,, mention of death,, happy ? ending

─────────────────────

ever since he was old enough to realize what he was feeling an ache in his chest is all he can remember.

the feeling of missing someone he didn't know.

"who are you?" he'd always mumble to himself when he woke from the strange dreams that made his chest burn.

eyes watering as he recalled walking along side the boy in his dream. everything was always a slight blur nothing ever completely clear.

he never could see the boys face yet somehow he just knew that the boy was someone very important to him.

some nights he would sleep peacefully others he'd dream of the boy only to wake crying. it went on for many years well into yoongi's twenties.

but it seemed the older he got the clearer the dreams of the mystery boy got. all these years yoongi held out hope that maybe he'd find the boy.

and so here he is at twenty seven fast asleep head resting on top of his arms brows pinched together.

namjoon sighed looking at him and softly tapped him on the shoulder waking him. yoongi let out a soft groan as he sat up straight in the coffee shop seat.

"sorry joon..." he mumbled taking the coffee namjoon held out to him.

"didn't sleep well again?"

"... i saw him again last night."

"you know—" namjoon paused taking a sip of his own coffee sitting down across from yoongi. "people say when you keep dreaming of someone you've never met its your soulmate from a past life that you cant live without." yoongi scoffed rolling his eyes sipping on the coffee. 

"everyone knows that's just a myth that people talk about because of movies and stuff like that."

"maybe but who knows? it could be true since you've been dreaming of the same guy your entire life. are you sure you don't know him? maybe he was around when you were little and you've just forgotten? like a older neighbor who looked after you or something?"

"i think i'd know if it was a neighbor joon. its not like that..." yoongi sighed looking down at his hands. "i think... i think i was in love with him whoever he is. we're always holding hands in the dreams and my heart always aches when he disappears right before i wake up. i know him but at the same time i don't... it doesn't make sense namjoon how can i dream of someone and know a person that i've never met? maybe i'm finally going crazy..."