ε=ε 35

"Let me get this straight." I stepped in as a short pause followed to gather my thoughts and words.

Mrs. Kim is beyond shocked as she sees her daughter interrupting might as well eavesdropping her heated discussion with her husband.

"Am I adopted?" the tone came out cold, lumps on my throat starting to form.

"Swe-sweetie, you should sleep now. It's past midnight already-"

"I said," my voice cracked as I repeated my unanswered question
"am I adopted, mom?"
Tightly, I clenched my fist to cope my aching heart.

The air was so tense in the room. No one dared to speak alone on the subject. The subject herself was there, holding herself to not breakdown into tears. The middle-aged couple's focus now were down on the glossy floor.

One's head down to suck in bitter truth while the others to suck in painful regrets.

"You- you know what? I will take my leave now"

I can't help but to sutter. I'm holding my stupid tears from fall. Maybe if I leave, they could found peace after all these years with me. I walked away lifelessly. The faint footsteps behind me become clearer. 'Mom' or should I say Mrs. Kim try to stop me.

"Touch me once again," harshly I commented, giving them no choice to block my way. I snatched my phone and ran my way out from the gigantic mansion.

Anywhere but home.

Bad.

A very bad timing to argue, to cry, to undo my decision and ran away. I managed to run farther than usual and let my legs took me wherever they wanted to; hoping 'my parents' came late to catch the last sight of me.

'Winter is about to hit anytime now... Why out of 7 days a week, 12 months a year had to be today? running with baggy sweatpants and floral singlet? In early December?? I already look miserable with tears and all. I'm so lost... help me.'

???, { 1:55 a.m }

Loud panting filled the cold air. My palms were on the knees for support. My heartbeats went nuts that I swear it will burst anytime soon. I need a moment to rest physically and mentally or else, I will lose my conscious.

"Few meters should be fine." silently I convinced myself. With this little sparks of hope, I continue my walk a bit faster while holding the agony in my chest.

Okay it was not fucking fine.
Screw the weather for being a total ass.

As in cue, the cold breeze sent me its signal. I hugged my bare shoulders, rubbing them for warmness. "ARG I HATE YOU!" Come to think of it, the coat was just there, at the main door... 'Me' and 'Dumb' are really inseparable.

As in the right time the universe heard my complaint, I saw a park near the hill.

"Finally."

Hangsang Park, { 2:05 a.m }

Nothing particularly special there just as simple as any park could be — Lampposts illuminating the route with old benches randomly placed at every corner of the park. Your old nostalgic neighbourhood park.

I flinched, something vibrating in my pocket.

'Damn my phone was with me all this time?'

I took it out and saw Heejin sent me messages. Mentally prepared before pressing the power button, hoping she knew nothing about my whereabouts.

HeeHeeHeeJin🐰:

'You'
sent 2:07 a.m

'Fucker'
sent 2:07 a.m

'Where'
sent 2:07 a.m

'Tf'
sent 2:07 a.m

'Are'
sent 2:07 a.m

'You?'
sent 2:07 a.m

'That was fast what the fuck how did she know??? Wait... maybe not, it could be academy related. I must act neutral'

🔮:

'THE HECK IS UP WITH U
I'M ON MY BED??
TO SLEEP???|'

I lied. 'She shouldn't know a hint. I know how to handle this by myself'

Before I could press the sent button, the cold breeze was blowing again; more icy ice.

I squeezed myself into a small figure, desperately in need of any heat from my body. My already lifeless soul was like gradually fused with the flowing wind spiritually.

Fortunately enough the breeze had stopped and...

my phone's battery...

"No no not u too please don't do this to me please I beg" I muttered as the screen went off. My knees dropped hard onto the paved route. Lowering my head, I let the frustration out.

If the inside out core emotions were one real persona, then I volunteered myself to be Riley. Joy? partly. Disgust? of course. Fear? surely. Anger? totally. Sadness? absolutely.

In the middle of catching my breath, white smoke came to surface as I exhaled. At this point, I need a place to survive. I dived further into the unfamiliar park.