Magical Snake

"Speech"
Flashback
'Thought'
~Parseltongue~

"Girl! Get up and make breakfast!"

'Already up you bloody horsed faced woman,' was my silent response as I waited for her to unlock the door. She did and opened the door wide, looking at me in disgust, causing me to hold an eye roll.

The moment my back was turned towards her and I started cooking, a smirk appeared in my face.

Today is Dudley's birthday, which meant they were going to the zoo and I was coming along. What I was most excited about was the fact that I would finally talk to a snake or more.

Thanatos and I had look for snakes around the garden, but found none and decided not to risk conjuring one out of self preservation due to the bloody wards.

Serving breakfast, I do the dishes and smirk as I make myself a plate with a good amount of food and eat just as Dudley started to throw a tantrum about getting only thirty-six. Finishing quickly I did the dishes and stood by the table, being made to watch as they ate.

While they ate and smirked at me, I simply entered a trance like state and kept my Occlumensy shields up, my eyes glancing at the presents made me almost sneer as I remembered a conversation Thanatos and I had no to long ago.

Flashback:

It was Dudley's sixth birthday. I was, like always, making breakfast before being told to work in the garden. Before I did, my eyes landed on the mountain of gifts again.

My anger and suspicion rose tremendously when I noticed most of his gifts would have cost multiple paychecks and would leave anyone struggling for weeks if not months afterwards. Yet Vernon and Petunia would spend a ridiculous amount of pounds on gifts and anything Dudley wanted while I had asked (stupidly) Petunia for a pair of underwear and shoes.

She had turned to me and pinched my arm painfully, causing me to wince and hide the fact I wanted to cut her hand off.

"You dare ask for more? Are the clothes we gave and bought you not enough? You ungrateful brat!" Petunia berated me while Dudley watched with a smug expression. "now get back to earning your keep!"

"Yes ma'am."

She shoved me towards the glass doors and I went to weed the garden.

"Thanatos?"

"Yes child?"

"Something is bothering me," I say and waved my hand at my garden, making it look as beautiful and pristine as always.

"The Dursley's are always buying more than needed for that tub of lard that is their son, and they never seem to struggle. Director of a drill company or not, even they would have to struggle with how much they spend. Their account should be crippled."

"Indeed. I fear are using your money."

I freeze and look at him on the reflection of the window, taking notice how my eyes were glowing the color of the killing curse. "My money? How do they know about my money, much less know about it?"

"Dumbledore."

At that, my magic flared and some of the grass I was standing on withered and died. It took everything in me to not let it lose.

"Another thing to add to the list. I shouldn't be surprised."

End Flashback:

The phone ringing breaks me out of my current memory, Petunia answers and informs that it was Mrs. Figgs, stating that she won't be able to look after me. Dudley starts to fake cry and I simply stood there, waiting for the events to unfold like in the book.