1

"This is serious, Ana. After what happened at the last conference, its only what's necessary." My dad scolded.

One week ago, if you would've asked my dad how he felt about getting a bodyguard, he probably would've laughed. Now he considers it absolutely necessary, but it's really only because one of his 'supporters' tried to follow me into my hotel room, and attack me. To cut this story short, my dad is one of US senators and usually he would have body guards, but my identity was never revealed to public for my safety. After the attempted attack, my identity was all over the press, and now I have to get a bodyguard. We also still don't know how the attacker found out where I was.

I'm a bit creeped out by the idea of someone being hired to not leave your side, but it's whatever.

"I understand that this is serious, I'm just asking as your 25 year old daughter, please don't hire someone ugly." I chuckled, my dad getting more annoyed with my attitude towards the situation.

"I already hired someone." My dad answered, making my eyes go wide. "He's waiting at your condo, and isn't allowed to leave the space unless it's with you." he added, making me feel a little weary.

"Isn't that just the creepiest thing i've heard today..."

"Ana, please. Don't scare him away, it was hard finding someone who I know you'd actually get along with. He's close to your age, and it'll just be him assigned to you. Oh, and none of your antics."

"What antics?" I smirked, grabbing my bag and standing up before he started listing everything i'd done in last two years that probably would've led to the press absolutely destroying us. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't start with me."

"I won't. I will however see you later though." I said my goodbyes, and exited the building. My driver greeted me, and opened the door for me. I smiled, thanking him and getting in. I immediately checked my phone, scrolling through instagram, and checking how many followers i'd gained since people knew who I was now.

"Where to?" My driver, Adam asked.

"Condo, please." He gave a thumbs up and began our route.

In all honesty, I didn't see why the public considers me so important when it comes to my dad's campaigns, speeches, and other thing's he does. I wasn't the one up there doing senator things, but I can see why my dad prefers to keep me out of the light. I was a really basic girl, I had money, I grew up pretty well, and I do go to fashion week every year, but besides that, I didn't really do anything else. I did drink and go out a lot, but every college student does it, so that just makes me more basic. I'm a really bad, loud, wild drunk, and if everything that I've done while drunk would mysteriously show up on FOX, I think my dad would get kicked out of office. On the bright side, it hasn't yet, but on the not so bright side, I'll have to be more careful, and try to not get recognized as much as possible.

"So, Ms. Scott, what's your plan for the day?" Adam asked, opening the window that separates the front and back seats.

"Well, I'm meeting people today. I have to meet the bodyguard my dad hired, and my dad also wants me to meet someone he thinks I will like. I doubt I'll like either, what about you?"

"When I drop you off, I'll probably go and have lunch with my son. He gets home from college due to the quarantine."

"Oh that sounds nice, I'm glad you'll get to spend time with him, even in this time of tragedy. Im glad college's and schools are being aware of the issue." I tried to comfort him. I knew he'd be especially worried about the virus that's going around, considering his son studies abroad. "If there's anyway I can help, please let me know." I added, trying to make him consoled as possible.