Epilogue

Keith and Lance both graduated from Garrison University, alongside Pidge, Romelle, and Allura. After they graduated, Keith and Lance found a small apartment in the middle of L.A. and moved in together.

They lived together for about a year before Keith popped the question. It was on a trip to Paris they took for their 6 year anniversary. He proposed at night, under the Eiffel Tower.  Lance said yes.

They got married on the 12th of August. It was a small ceremony with just their close friends and family. They couldn't choose just a few people for the wedding party, so they decided that everybody should be apart of it.

A year after they got married, Keith and Lance bought a house together. They got a dog. It was a beautiful golden retriever. They named her Honey.

In that same year, they adopted their first child. A beautiful 4 month year old boy, whose parents and sister had died in a house fire. He was the only survivor. They named him Lachlan.

It was another year before they adopted their second child. A girl, this time. Beautiful Lucy was 6 months old when they adopted her. She was the product of a teen pregnancy, and the parents didn't have the resources to support her.

A year after adopting Lucy, they bought an old abandoned plot, and built a little cafe shop that they ran together. They called it McClains' Mochas.

Two years after that, they adopted their third, and last, child. Another boy, this one just 2 months old when they adopted him. He had been left at the shelter, with only a note, saying to take the child.  They named him Cameron.

They lived long lives, surrounded by their wonderful family, and their wonderful friends.

Keith was the first to pass on. He was 64. He suffered a heart attack and passed in the hospital a few hours later.

Lance died a few years later. He passed away at home, surrounded by his children.

Lucy had been with him when he passed. If you ask her, his final moments had been ones of peace. He took her hand in his, and told her to take care of her brothers. Then, he leaned back, and whispered, with tears in his eyes: "I can see him again."

The ownership of McClains' Mochas passed on to Lachlan, and all of their children still work there.

As do their children.

And every Saturday, an old man comes in, and sits in the booth near the window. And sometimes, he mutters to himself.

If you listen closely, you catch a bit of what he says.

He mutters about the boys he used to know.

The men they became.

When you ask who he is, he smiles. A smile filled with sadness, and regret of a past life.

All he responds with is:

"Call me Griffin."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

and with that,,this story is finished! thats so weird to say. thanks for reading, and i hope u enjoyed! its the first time ive ever posted my work for anyone to see. mostly i just share things with my close friends lol. im working on some other things now that i'll hopefully get to posting soon. hope y'all are doing well!