marvel

i am not qualified to comment on rise of skywalker because even though i've watched all the starwars movies i cant actually remember anything that happened in them??

MARVEL ON THE OTHER HAND

i've seen ALL the mcu movies

and i have a LOT of opinions

(endgame spoilers approachinggggg)

right. tony should NOT have died. it wasn't his time yet. the more satisfying ending would've been for steve and tony to reverse their fates. steve has said he doesn't want to go back and that he's home where he is. and his most perfect ending to his character arch would be to sacrifice himself for the sake of the whole fucking universe. him going back to the 40s contradicts everything he has said. he abandoned his family, which i absolutely hate. tony, on the other hand, is only JUST starting to have his own family in pepper and morgan, he deserves a chance to raise his daughter. killing him off just doesn't make sense to his story thus far and instead just sacrificed him for cheap shock factor.

SPEAKING OF CHEAP SHOCK FACTOR. natasha. they killed her to shock audiences. let's be real here. it was not her time to go yet. i would have given ANYTHING to see her in the scene with all the rest of the marvel women. she started that. she was the first and only female avenger for the longest time and she deserved to have been able to stand and fight with the rest of them. they should've sacrificed clint here. i know he has a family too, however with the way his character arch was going with him becoming a vigilante and killing criminals outside of the law, he should've been the one to sacrifice himself to redeem himself.

also, the way the avengers reacted to nat's death was unacceptable. she was the glue that held them together for the past five years in movie time. even before that, they were a family. you can't tell me that the only one who gave a fuck about natasha was thor. no. all of them were close and she's known them all for way too long to only react with the slightest frown then move on and forget it happened. she didn't even get a fucking funeral like tony did. it's disappointing and frankly horrific that she was just shoved aside and forgotten about once she died.

that's only scratching the SURFACE of what i thought of endgame in particular.

so yeah. i had a LOT of thoughts about it. it was an enjoyable movie sitting through it the first time, but looking back at it there was SO much wrong, and honestly i haven't been able to make myself sit through it again.

this is all just my opinions and i know some of you may disagree but i'm not here to argue. just. getting out some feelings i had about one of my favourite franchises.

also, they should NOT have cancelled all the marvel shows so people will only watch disney plus. that's bullshit. BRING BACK RUNAWAYS AND CLOAK AND DAGGER!! MARVELS VIGILANTES RISE!!!