NxH1: Realizations, P1

*A.N*

This is set a month after the moon events which happened in the movie Naruto: The Last but there are a few key moments I have removed from this timeline.

>Before Hinata was taken by Toneri, Naruto was not able to confess his love for her.

>Hinata never gave Naruto the scarf she had made for him. He continues to save her on the moon.

> They don't kiss in the end!!!

A flurry of a month has passed and this is where the story begins.

***thoughts are in italics!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hinata Hyuga

~Hyuga residences, training yard
afternoon, around 6pm

"Gentle step: twin lion fists!" Squeezing out every ounce of energy left in her body, Hinata was able to catch Hanabi with her finishing move, catapulting her straight into one of the bushes that surrounded their clan's exclusive training grounds. She landed with a hard thud and an exasperated yelp just as Hinata dropped to her knees, breathing hard. 

Fighting her sister was always hard, since Hanabi was as graceful as she was talented, however, Hinata carried experience as her teacher, and she has learned much from where the war had left her.

I think... I think I created more power than I should have... 

Neither sister intended to hurt the other during their sparring sessions, but in the spur of the moment, boundaries are always tested. Hinata immediately tried to stand up from the center of the grounds to go and help Hanabi but quickly lost her footing and found herself on her already bruised knees once again. She winced at the pain but held her tears back. 

I haven't been this tired in a while too..

An applause broke out, ripping Hinata from her thoughts and releasing her Byakugan. She lifted her head and smiled triumphantly. She almost forgot people were watching. She noticed all 4 sides of the courtyard were full of bystanders, some she knew, others she had only seen around rarely. Usually, Hanabi and Hinata's training sessions were governed by a couple of high-ranked Hyuga, but today, their Father attended himself and had brought along almost the entire Hyuga branches along with him to observe the two sisters spar. 

He has not watched us train since the war broke out two years ago. Something is going on.. but even so, I must show Father how strong I've become. 

Hinata's determination had only grown stronger after their recent confrontation on the moon. She had learned the enormous power of the byakugan and yearned to understand more in order to protect it and keep it from getting into the wrong hands. It's been a month since they returned from the moon. 

A month since I've seen Naruto-kun..

Before she could linger on that thought, a group of Hyuga Jonin assisted Hinata up from the floor while another group went to fetch Hanabi out of the bush she was still tangled in. She emerged with twigs in her hair, yellow kimono covered in dirt and a sour expression, aimed at Hinata.

"Ouchies, Hinata-neesan!" She rubbed her stomach, where Hinata had landed her gentle fist. "That was amazing but don't you think you hit me a little too hard?" Hinata looked away abashed and started fidgeting with her fingers.