Chapter 24 - Church (Take Me Back) - Cochren & Co.

I have always been fascinated by the American Revolution and the people who helped win it for the Americans. So, a few years ago when we went to Washington DC, I got a book full of quotes from Ben Franklin. Here is a good quote for our lives. "There is never a good war, nor a bad peace." This tells us to try not to fight with each other and to make peace as soon as tensions rise. In this cruel world, people fight every day. But this isn't how God wants us to live. He wants us to be happy. To have peace. Matthew 5:23-25 says, 'Suppose you are offering your gift at the altar. And you remember that your brother has something against you. Leave your gift in front of the alter. First go make peace with your brother. Then come back and offer your gift. Suppose someone has a claim against you and are taking you to court. Settle the matter quickly. Do it while you are still with him on your way. If you don't, he may hand you over to the judge. The judge may hand you over to the officer. And you may be thrown into prison." God wants us to have peace with others and to stop any wars.

Dear Jesus, please help me not to fight with others. And if tensions rise, help me to quickly apologize. I want to do good. Please come into my life. Amen.