Lexington

Prompt: You could have the reader be the creative/artist type of person. And one day, for a project, they need to sketch a drawing of something they love and value. And they decide to do Lexington. The twist however is that they don't tell him that the project is on something they love. And maybe to end it, you can have Lex figure out the project through some form of accident, like the reader leaves for some reason, and he finds the assignment paper with everything on it and figures it out.

And then, well, you know, all the lovey-dovey stuff happens.Just an idea. 😁

Requested by: RM8374

Muse

Every artist has their muse.

Sure, sometimes they loose them, or perhaps they change. Maybe once, maybe a million times. Or maybe they find that one special muse that they hang on to forever.

Personally? I went though a lot of muse changes, and even more where I couldn't find one at all. That was however before he came along.

Him and the whole clan. They were all so captivating. From an artistic standpoint, obviously. But I never felt comfortable asking if I could draw any of them though. I'm not sure why, but I just never did. Sure, sometimes I might draw their wings, but I'd figure it would be good practice. But that was as far as any of it went.

And then one afternoon, everything changed.

Well, not all at once, but it felt like time was moving fast.

See, I attend this art school. And we're given weekly prompts on top of our other work. We just draw the object of that prompt, and present it the following Monday for a class evaluation. I make sure to keep each picture in their own labeled folder, easier to find that way. 

Well, this specific week we were given the prompt to draw 'Something we love and or value'. I spent about half the week trying to figure out what to draw. Anytime something came to mind I shot it down.

Family? To cheesy, a lot of students in class probably have the same idea as that.

I value food? But that might give off the impression that I'm not taking the prompt seriously.

Childhood home? Good, but I'm in the city, and I don't have enough time to fly out back home. Add on the fact that we can't draw anything from a picture, and I'm completely out of ideas.

Or at least I was until I got an idea. Elisa. It was perfect! Sure, it was on the same level of cheesiness as family, but Elisa is a cop, which I do value. So not cheesy, or at least not as much. Their was just one snag to the plan when I asked her about it. She was in the middle of working a case, so she didn't really have any time to spare.

I was so frustrated! Not at Elisa, I understand her reasoning and don't hold it against her. I was frustrated because I couldn't find a subject for my prompt. Normally, when I get this frustrated I go and see the guys and vent to them. If it happened to be during the day I still go. Sure, they can't respond since their stone during the day, but that didn't stop me from venting to their stone versions, and that's just what I did.

It was the middle of the day when I went to see them. I had to have been yelling for about an hour or more. By the end of it, I sat down on the ledge between Broadway and Lexington.

"I just don't get it! Other artists have remedies and methods to curing their art blocks or find inspiration. But me? Nothing seems to work! And it's already Thursday, sure I got three more days till the piece is due-four if you count the morning of- but at this rate I won't be able to find anything for this stupid prompt!"