The Truth Is...

Dear Hisana,

I found her. Rukia, your sister. It was soon after you... left. I always regretted you couldn't see her. She's exactly like you.

As you noticed, it was a while ago, but I... I didn't dare to bring memory of you. I... I made my promises. I swore I will follow rules. Even risking lives. And I know, you would kill me for what I have done, so I guess I was afraid to think of you.

The truth is, she nearly died because of me. Even though she is so alike you. But I decided to shut myself in office, surrounded by books instead of people.

I was blinded. For some reason, I believed rules will give me what I missed .

They didn't.

Seconds parted her from death. And I stood there, doing nothing. More, I have nearly killed her saviour. And took away everything that made her happy. And I have no excuse. That was the law, but... but she is your blood. That is what should have mattered.

Now, it is all gone. She won't forgive me years of disgrace that led to something like that. What kind of man you must be to do this to one you love - you would ask. I don't know. I can't understand what led me to this. But I can't fix it now. I can only wall back to the shadows and let her lead life she wants.

I couldn't force myself to admit to you, but one day I realised I've got to tell to what state I am in.

Now, I am not sure if your disappointment is worse or maybe it's my miserable life or hated I will see in eyes that remind me of you.

Hisana, the truth is that I miss you. And I am alone here. There is only her, what left of you, to haunt me with understanding eyes and peaceful face.

I should have never let you go.