Prolouge

Hi, I'm Lee Donghyuck. My friends used to call me Haechan.

Ever since I was young, I knew there was something different about me. My mom always told me that I was unique. My dad always said that I was special. Everyone else called me a freak. I love my parents, but sometimes I wish they could be a little more honest.

I remember the first day it happened. My 8th Birthday. I remember how lost the familiar girl looked, standing there in a pastel pink dress. I saw her for a whole day and yet, nothing. But exactly 24 hours after I first saw her, she changed.

The dress she wore was now a deep splotchy red, bits of the pink still visible. Her hair was wet and her whole body was dripping.

She slowly approached me as I sat on the bed in my room. I didn't know how she got there but I was too scared to question anything.

She reached her hand out to me as she got closer, so I decided to do the same. But I instantly regretted that the second our hands met.

I suddenly couldn't breathe, as if my lungs had been filled with water. My whole body felt cold, a wave washing over me. It lasted a few minutes and in that time my mom and dad had rushed into my room.

Apparently, I had been screaming, but I remember nothing of it, only the pain and pure terror surging through me.

After then, it only continued to happen. Becoming a regular thing. At least once a week.

The good times, were when a whole week passed and nobody visited. Or the times that the person disappeared halfway through the day and I didn't have to go through their suffering.

It took me a while to understand what was happening. My parents and doctors not being much help, diagnosing me with anxiety at the age of 10. But I knew that it was so much more than that.

I only told one doctor about the things I saw. I remember her telling my parents that if it became a common thing then I would be diagnosed as delusional or schizophrenic as well as having anxiety and possibly depression, so I decided to not talk about it again.

I know these things are real. It's been too long for them not to be. It was only a few years ago that I really understood what was happening. I've never told anyone this, so can you keep a secret?

I think I am the door to the afterlife.

The passing point between life and death.

The final gate to pass through.

I don't know how it works exactly, but that seems to be my only explanation. I guess since every time I felt the pain, whoever it was, a few days later would be pronounced as dead.

I also think that I am only the door for people the same age as me, since I have never seen an elder or adult pass through, only people who look roughly the same age as me. I also think that I am only the doorway for a certain area, since I'm pretty sure a lot more people die than those who pass through me. Its only gotten worse I got older, teenagers crashing their cars, doing something stupid, or even committing suicide.

So maybe there is someone like me out there. I mean, there has to be, right? But even that thought never stopped the whole thing from being terrifying, every time it happened.

It was scary. It still is scary. It's been nine years and I'm still just as scared as the first time.

Nine years exactly to this date.

Today I turn seventeen.

And today, things became so, much, worse.

----------
690 words

Greetings all

I am so excited to be publishing this.

So I got this idea a while ago and decided to write it and see how it goes.

I wonder how long it has taken for me to publish this.

Well, it's currently March 14th 2020.

I hope you are looking forward to this story, I know I am👌🏽

Thanks for reading💕

😊💚👏🏼