Chapter 1- The little prince

Author Note
This is the beginning of my re-writing. I made this fanfic back in 2016, I was really bad at writing then, and I'm not sure if I'm good with it now. I was planning to delete this, but I decided against that option. I suggest people who have already read the first chapter to re-read the re-written chapters.

-----

It was fun being around your mom.

She talked a lot about herself when she was a kid. She went on about her own mother being super strict towards her. It was probably from the fact that her mom was a single parent and hated leaving everything to chance. It was a big relief to you that your mother wasn't as strict, in fact she was super relaxed, and cool. Of course she was still strict at times. But that was for your own safety. All the stories your mother told you were about herself and mother. There was a story she held back, but you'd finally get to hear it tonight.

"Mommy!! It's eight- look!" You pointed at the clock under the living room TV. She laughed at your enthusiasm, you were hopping up and down with excitement. "You promised you'd tell me the story tonight!! About your adventure, you didn't forget right?!" She gave you a small smile and nodded her head. "Of course I didn't forget sweetie. Let's get you tucked in bed first." Her gentle hand wrapped around your smaller one. She led you to your starry room, a distant look in her eyes, thinking of the past. She lifted you up to place you on your mattress before pulling the blanket over your body. "This is a story about an old man who rescued me with his tales of the little prince..."

She began.

The tale started off with her mother planning her future for her, she didn't envy the position she was in and found it terrible for herself to go through something unusual. She went along with it in the beginning finding it repetitive. Eventually she met an old man, their neighbor, who was putting an airplane together. The plane had even broken her house as he was fixing his plane. It was how she had met him. She went over to his house and they began to talk. The old man told wondrous stories of his past. About the little prince.

You were entranced as your mother told her story. The part where she hopped in the plane to go see the little prince for her self made you hold your breath, it was so intense, so cool. The part with the stars made you imagine a pretty sight in your head. Your mom had stopped at the good part yawning. "I think I should go to bed, we can finish the story tomorrow night sweet pea." Your mother caressed your head giving a tired smile. You, however, were wide awake. "Mom! You can't stop at the best part, did you get to see the little prince???" Your mom hummed standing up. "I'll tell you tomorrow night. Goodnight." She left the room. What a cliffhanger.

You laid there restless and hungry for more of that story. Turning on your sides numerous times you groaned in annoyance. Sitting up you decided on your own.

You were gonna find the little prince.

Authors note
First chapter has been re-written yeeee it's pretty short tho since I forgot the moVie 🎥
575words