19. YOU ASKED FOR IT - ✭DENVER✭

I scrub my hair dry one more time before hanging my towel back on the rack. I slip on my briefs then my jeans. My jeans are so dark-blue they're almost black. I've realized all of my pants are either this color or completely black. I put a little bit of product in my hands and then run it through my thick hair, eyeing myself in the mirror.

Both Mal and Luke had left after what seemed to be a rather heated exchange. Once Luke had stormed off angrily, looking rather murderous as well, Mal had filled me in on what had happened. She and I both had our damage but I hadn't realized the extent of hers. After she'd told me the gruesome details of what had happened, I didn't blame him for being so angry. I'd be furious too.

Mal always played like everything was no big deal and she appeared to be doing much the same thing with Luke when I'd walked in. But that was a big deal and I'd told her such. She shouldn't act like it was fine, like everything is always fine when it's not.

She'd done something I'd never seen Mal do after I'd said that; she had cried. After spilling all of her darkness to me, all of it, she clung to me and weeped until she had exhausted herself. When she started trying to take my clothes off I'd stopped her. I'd tried to talk to her but she'd shoved me backwards angrily and left me standing there flabbergasted.

Afterward I had had a couple of drinks then decided to get ready for a night out. I'd given Rhys a call to see what he and Seth were up to since they were only here for a few more days. I didn't realize how much I'd missed Boston until seeing the two of them. New York was alright but I'd been born and raised in Boston. I missed it there.

Just as I'm about to put my shirt on, I hear the front door bang open loudly. I toss my shirt on the bed and then head out of my room to see what the noise is all about. Who knows what it is? Maybe some hitman come to assassinate Mal? More than likely though, Mal went and found Luke. They were probably about to go fuck like rabbits upstairs. Probably.

I've never met a single woman in my life with a sexual appetite like the one Mal had. She was fucking relentless, literally. That woman could go all night long and, thankfully, I had the stamina to keep up with her. She's the only woman with a desire that matches my own. Men, women, neither of us cared as long as they were a means to a sexual end.

This is how I'd fallen completely head over fucking heels for Malyssa Ricci. She was a force to be reckoned with and I didn't even know just how much of a force she actually was. I could just feel her dominance roll off of her in waves and I reveled in it. I also reveled in being the one to take that all away from her and have her look up at me helplessly, handing me over the reins to her sexual desires.

I'll never forget that first time. That complete and utter battle for sexual dominance. I'd never had a single sexual encounter that'd compared. She gave me a run for my money, that's for sure. And what I had thought would be a one-night-stand had ended up completely blowing my mind.

I'd even asked her to stay after, told her to. And the moment she'd laid her head on my chest I knew that a one-night-stand was the last thing it was going to be between us. No, once I'd had her in my arms like that I knew I'd never be able to let her go. No matter how many times she pushed me away or acted like we were nothing more than fuck buddies, I was sticking around.

I'm perusing the penthouse not seeing anything particularly out of order. Mal and Luke aren't banging on the dinner table or in the living room on the couch. No, there was none of that going on from the look of it.

I glance over to the bar and notice the Bombay is missing. Well, looks like Luke is home. I hear something smash onto the floor above me and something else thrown into the wall. Looks like the only fucking going on is what Luke is doing to the room upstairs and to that bottle of Bombay Sapphire.