Geralt

Geralt was awake first. He never was a great sleeper. Too used to catching an hours rest here and there when on the hunt. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt so well rested.
He also couldn't remember the last time waking up with a woman he hadn't slept with.
He glanced over at the sleeping Elena, and smiled. Her hair was sprawled wildly across the pillow. Her soft lips slightly parted. He could feel her warm steady breaths tickle his shoulder. She looked so innocent and peaceful. He very much wanted to reach over and brush a bronze lock of hair from her face, but he didn't want to wake her. Or frighten her, he thought sardonically.

He slipped as quietly as he could out of bed. Elena didn't batter an eyelash, too deep in her slumber. He dressed himself quietly and quickly. Within minutes he was outside.
The sun had just risen, and a few flowers were beginning to open in response.
Roach cantered over to Geralt as soon as she spotted him.
"Good morning Roach," he whispered, stroking her dark brown mane, "we're going on another adventure." Roach knocked her head playfully into Geralts shoulder. They conversed this way for some time while Geralt fed her oats and apples from his saddle bag.

It wasn't too long before he heard Elena had risen. He could hear her shuffle around the kitchen, probably fixing breakfast. His stomach grumbled loudly in response. He grabbed his remaining food from his game bag and headed in to help her.
He was just about to mumble a morning greeting when the sight of her took him by surprise and halted him in the doorway.
The brown, concealing mantle she had on last night was gone. She was wearing nothing but a long, white night gown that came down to her knees. The morning sun was spilling though the windows, making it very easy to see the fine shapes of her through the sheer material.
She was glowing again. Not brilliantly like in the forest, but very softly. If he was a human, he wouldn't have been able to see it.
She turned and beamed at him, her blue eyes sparkling.
She was utterly stunning.
Geralt shook himself firmly, keeping his eyes politely on her face. "Good morning! I can't wait to head off! But first... Breakfast!" She gushed. Geralt somewhat stricken, tried a smile and handed her the game bag wordlessly. "Please sit! I'll have this ready soon," she urged. He sat down without complaint. He couldn't keep his eyes off her as she moved around the small room. The glowing, the sheer nightgown, her natural beauty- it was all too distracting.
You've seen prettier women, he told himself sternly. He cleared his throat and set about breakfast. When Elena finally joined him at the table he could feel something different. Apart from the obvious fact she was glowing, he could sense chaos in the room. Elena was oozing pure energy, he felt the warmth of it coming from her. He felt nothing but peace and happiness. He was utterly content. Is this her power?

"Do you know you're glowing?" Geralt finally asked her.
"I'm what?" She asked astonished, her blue eyes wide. She had been reaching for an apple. She stopped to gape at him.
"It's hard to describe," he said, watching her soft glow pulse with her heartbeat. It was starting to dim. "It's looks like a golden light, that comes from within you. Your power, so to speak."
"My power is a golden light?" She asked incredulously. She had finally picked up her apple. Looking from it to Geralt skeptically.
"You really didn't know?" Geralt asked, surprised. "Did you mean to use your powers just then?" She went to take a bite and then stopped, almost dropping the apple.
"I didn't know I was... What did I do?" She asked, her brown eyebrows shooting up into her hair. She gently placed the apple on the table. He felt suddenly guilty for distracting her from breakfast.
"Nothing really, you were just omitting a very calming aura. It was quite nice actually. You could be very persuasive with a power like that." Geralt put candidly. He watched her face glow rather prettily and then she smiled at him.
"I wasn't meaning to persuade you," she said shyly, casting her eyes down, gently running her fingers over her neglected apple.
"I know," he said. Which was the most frightening thing about it. She had all this power and no idea how to use it.
"Now eat your apple," he said playfully.
She looked back up at him, her blush fading and took a hasty bite.

They ate breakfast quickly. Chattering excitedly about the day ahead. Thankfully, Elena finally got dressed. He couldn't help but feel he may have inspired her outfit choice.
She wore black leather trousers and black boots that laced up to her knees. She was encased tightly in a black corset, only the top half of her white blouse was visible, complete with long billowing sleeves. Her blouse laced up just above her chest, it was cut in a way that drew attention to the fine bones at her shoulders and collar. Her long brown hair was pulled back in an intricate braid.
He noticed that she only had one small bag with her. He was glad. He was already burdening his horse with the weight of an extra human. Not that Elena could weigh much, he thought glancing at her. Standing next to him, her head stopped below his shoulders. She was slim but soft. She couldn't have weighed anymore than 110 pounds.
He helped her on to Roach first and then climbed up himself, straddling the horse and Elena in front. As he reached his arms around her to grasp the reins, he felt her stiffen slightly. He noticed how her heart also jumped.
He hoped he hadn't frightened her.
"Relax, and enjoy the scenery," he murmured, trying to assure her. She gave a small laugh and relaxed her body into him. He could feel the warmth of her skin and the firmness of her body with each step. Too distracting, he thought to himself, gritting his teeth.
This was going to be a long ride.