Prologue PT.1

3rd Person

November 1st, 1846

Lilian Salvatore gives birth to a set of twins, a boy and a girl, which came as a nasty shock to herself and her husband, Giuseppe, as they were only expecting a little boy, and did not want a girl.

Giuseppe, because he knew that any girl birthed by Lilian would inherit her witch powers, which disgusted him, and Lily, because she knew that her daughter would be treated terribly by her father because of her powers, just as she was. They also knew that the girl did not exist the last time the doctors checked, which was the day before, which meant that there was something supernatural at work, which angered Giuseppe more.

The Twins are named Stefan and Alisia Rose.

November 1st, 1851

Stefan and Alisia are now 5. Stefan is an almost splitting image of his father, with light brown hair and green eyes, whereas Alisia has taken after her mother and older brother with their piercing blue eyes, but her hair is dark brown, unlike their black. Alisia has been kept out of the public eye, and can only speak Italian. Giuseppe believes if she is unable to communicate with anyone outside of the house, she won't be able to ruin his reputation by telling people how terribly he treats her. The boys are taught both English and Italian, but English is forbidden around their sister.

Alisia is also heavily showing her mother witch traits, unintentionally making things float or burn to a crisp, she is learning very quickly not to use magic around her parents though, only doing it in her's and Stefan's shared room. She seems to display unusual bouts of anger, that the boys do not have, this becomes worse on the nights leading up to the full moon.

November 28th, 1851

"Lilian" Giuseppe begins, causing everyone to look up from their Thanksgiving dinner, "Portami da bere" (bring me a drink) He states. "sì caro" (yes dear) She replies, leaving the table.

"Damon" Giuseppe says, "ho notato che mancano soldi dal mio ufficio, eri tu?" (I noticed that money is missing from my office, was it you?)

"nessun padre" (No Father) Damon replies. "Non ho preso niente" (i didn't take anything)

"non mi stai mentendo, vero?" (you're not lying to me, are you?) Giuseppe asks.

"nessun padre" (No Father)  Damon says.

Giuseppe hums, then his eyes drift over to his younger children sitting across from Damon, watching the interaction. Damon watches his fathers movements carefully, as his father seems to have already decided who he believed took his money.

"Alisia, eri tu?" (Was it you?)  Giuseppe asks.

"nessun padre" (No Father) She replies quietly. That apparently wasn't the answer he wanted to hear, as his eyes flashed with a dangerous level of anger and he began to rise from his seat.