Chapter 4

Dedicated to lola12033 whose birthday was on 12th March. You're a year closer to death, congratulations 🎊. But happy birthday sweetie. Keep growing in grace and mercy. God bless 💋
      Understanding the Nigerian tongue
Zobo - a local Nigerian drink
Eh hen- in the context used, it means really?
Nawa - can be used to express surprise, irritation or dissatisfaction. Accompanied by 'o' most of the time.
E. G.
Did Tola get married? Nawa o!
Nawa for you, and you couldn't even call me back.

Nawa for this traffic. I've been on the road since morning.

Matt re-read the note given to him by Adura again as he pictured her image in his mind. His sort of win yesterday was still keeping him in a light mood and although he failed to get her number, he still saw it as some sort of victory. But he was very aware of the fact going over a simple note might make him look a bit pathetic and he had no intention of proving otherwise to himself. He was much too content with being able to smell the scent of her perfume already fading away even with the caution he used to handle it though it made him no better than an obsessed stalker.

The door opened and he quickly tucked the note safely away and brought out his phone. Noah stepped in, looking like something the cat dragged in and the dog pissed on.

"Shoot, my head," he groaned, holding it to emphasize the pain he was in. He collapsed on Matt's bed.

"Um hey, dude, about last night. I can't remember all the details but I'm really sorry. That was stupid of me."

"Don't bother, I'm already used to it. Try to drink less in public. I don't appreciate being called gay and impotent."

Noah scratched the back of his head, looking contrite.

"Yeah, I remember that. Sorry, bro. No hard feelings."

Normally, Matt would have been livid right now but it worked out in his favour so he wasn't complaining.

"No hard feelings. But next time you wanna get drunk, please do so very far away from me. Lord knows what you are going to call me this time."

Noah grinned, patting his back.
"No promises man. On an unrelated note, I think I need some aspirin," he said, standing up and moving to the door.

He paused once he got to the door and turned back to face Matt.
"I do remember being a real perverted jerk to a lady and you having to drag me away. Please tell me that did not happen."

"Oh, it did. Quite the comedy, if I might add. You forgot to add that you told her that you thought I'm gay."

"Shit! I can't remember how she looked like. Was she hot?"

Matt thought back to the time she looked up at him when he interrupted their conversation.

"Yes, she was," he said casually, trying not to sound too obvious.

Noah facepalmed.
"Just great. I'm never drinking again. "

Matt didn't reply. They both knew that was impossible for him.

He went to thinking about Adura and prayed he would meet her again. How? He had no idea but he hoped that whatever had been in his favour to enable them to meet twice already would make it happen again.

Fortunately for him, it seemed like whatever luck had evaded him throughout his life had decided to entertain this particular wish of his.

It had started like any other day. He went out jogging with John and Noah in the mid-morning and came back to the house, grateful for the cool breeze of the air conditioner after being beaten relentlessly by the sun. After a long shower, he went into the kitchen where Mrs Aina, Zainab and the other help were making zobo, a drink he had come to enjoy in their house.