❝ sweet chaos ❞ - K. DOPPO

❝ sweet chaos ❞ by day6

i’m starting to wait for tomorrow
each day is changing
and i like it

Enjoy Reading!

---------------

Doppo was unsure why he hasn't gone home yet in a rainy night, only standing right by the train station with an umbrella in hand.

He was exhausted from work, as usual. He only wanted to get home and have a good night sleep—ah, right, he still had paperworks to accomplish.

Even so, he should have gone home already and yet...

When the last train finally arrived, he became attentive and scanned the crowd that simultaneously went off of it, searching for a certain figure. Finally, he saw you, the person living just beside their unit, looking troubled and almost as exhausted as him. He saw you glared at the dark sky, in which he unconsciously smiled to himself and slowly made his way towards you.

"[Y-YL/N]-san!" he timidly called out as he went near you. You turned your head to face who called you and you saw him, making you smile in, meeting him halfway.

"Kannonzaka-san! Did you just get off? Did you work overtime again?" You asked since you didn't notice him there.

And you always notice him in the crowd.

"Y-yes, I did," he lied. Hell, he was two trains earlier than you, yet he still waited. After days of contemplating to do this ever since the first time the two of you got on the same train home, he finally made up his mind, "[YL/N]-san, did you forget your umbrella?"

"A-ah, I lost it along the way..." You sheepishly said, scratching your cheek with your index finger as you averted your gaze from him.

He found this gesture of yours cute.

"I-is that so?" was it bad that he felt relieved? His prayer to share an umbrella with you was answered, "W-we can go home together, if you don't mind..." He offered quietly.

"Thank you, Kannonzaka-san! That's a really big help!" You grinned, and Doppo felt his heart take a big leap. Oh, God.

"L-let's go?" You followed him and patiently waited as he fumbled in opening the transparent umbrella, "W-why can't I open it..."

"Move!" A man said, pushing Doppo off of the tiny bit of shelter he had so he was getting rained on.

"K-Kannonzaka-san!" You were quick to move to him and opened the umbrella for him, lifting it above the both of you.

"I-I-I'm sorry! N-now you got wet! This is my fault I'm always so slow and make mistakes often. I even dragged you with my stupidity—"

"Hey, stop that! I'm fine, no need to worry about me! It's just a harmless rain." You grinned to reassure him. Somehow, this calmed him down, "Ah, Kannonzaka-san should hold this. You're taller than me."

When you sheepishly said that, he noticed that you were standing on your tiptoes just so you could cover him, too.

You were also gripping at his coat for support.

"A-ah, y-yes! I-I'm sorry!" With a blushing face, he held onto the handle of the umbrella, but his face only reddened when he held onto your hand instead, "I-I'm sorry!!"

You laughed it off, seemingly unaffected, "It's fine, Kannonzaka-san!" You let go of your grip on the umbrella and on his coat, "How adorable. Well, let's go! Your friend Izanami-san might worried sick for you!"

He seemed to have short-circuited hearing you, the adorable one, tell him that he was adorable.

"R-right..." he managed to say as he began to walk with you closely following him. He tried to stay calm despite the wild beating of his heart, often stealing glances at you who remained smiling and bright despite the gloomy surroundings.

There was silence between the two of you. Somehow, this irked Doppo. He wanted to speak to you. He wanted to hear your voice. He wanted to have a conversation with you. This was a rare chance for him to finally talk to you and he's clearly blowing it. If it were Hifumi you'd probably be having the best time and—

"I like walking with Kannonzaka-san..." you suddenly uttered, much to his surprise. Was he thinking out loud—"Ah, sorry! Was that too random? I just really like it! It feels nice, very calm and relaxing‎!"

He felt... relieved—Oh, God, did you just giggle? It may be calm for your part but in his, it definitely isn't. He‎'s so close to losing his mind—Ah, "close"? Now that he thought about it... crap. The distance between the two of you doesn‎'t seem to exist. Of course you were sharing an umbrella but being this close to you—Oh, God—

"Kannonzaka-san?"

"Y-y-yes?!" He almost shrieked out in surprise, making him flustered.

"I asked if you were not feeling well. Your face looks red..."

"A-ah, n-n-no! I-it's just hot, t-that's all!" Hot?! In this heavy rain‎?! What was he thinking—was he even thinking?!

"You're really adorable," you laughed as you faced ahead, unable to witness that his face could get any redder than how it was before, "I wish I could spend time with you a lot! You're such a nice company."

He bit his lip, contemplating on whether he should invite you or not—but he still has a lot of work to do—but if he can't invite you now, will he wait a few more days to do that?

"U-um, [YL/N]-san." He paused in his steps, making you stop, too, to face him. "T-tomorrow... It's the weekends so... d-do you want to go out? A-a-ah! I-I'm sorry for asking you such thing! I wasn't thinking! Aaaah, I screwed up! I'm so useless, why was I—"

"I'd love to, Kannonzaka-san." You cut him off with a simple phrase and a smile, "I'd really, really love that."

"R-really? Y-you don't have to if you're just forced to do it! Y-you're probably a busy person, too..." He clenched on the strap of his bag like a highschool boy asking his crush out.

"No, no! I have nothing better to do tomorrow!" You happily said then pulling him by his sleeves inside the apartment building. You waited for him to close the umbrella and the two of you went in the elevator.

Arriving at your floor, both your footsteps echoed along the halls but yours halted upon arriving in front of your unit, "Tomorrow, okay? It's a date!" You tiptoed and lightly pinched his cheeks, "Thank you, Kannonzaka-san."

With that, you went inside your unit, leaving Doppo dumbfounded there, face all red, a hand on the cheek where you pinched him.

Ah, he's falling deeper in love with you.

With a small, contented smile, he took a few steps and entered his shared unit with Hifumi, who has never been happier upon hearing Doppo's date with you tomorrow.

Doppo's definitely looking forward to tomorrow.