chapter two

A/n
Hi guys it's been a while but I'm going to try to update this book more :) Enjoy reading for now!
Much love and stay safe :)
Bo

Slug horn was about to start his lesson when Harry and Ron interrupted him by bursting into the classroom. "Mr Potter and umm-" "Mr Weasley." Ron helped him. "Yes well, I expected -and hoped- to see you here Mr Potter. And it's nice to have you here too Mr Weeselbee." Ron frowned at the wrong pronunciation of his name but decided not to say anything about it, he had never said it right, so why would he after correction?

"We don't have books yet because we didn't know we would have potions this year until a few moments ago." Harry spoke. "That doesn't matter, you can buy them later and for now just grab a book from the cupboard over there." After they fought over who would have to deal with the broken book they took a seat next to Hermione. Unfortunately Malfoy was close by too...

The lesson started and Slughorn began to speak: "Today you will make a potion which I will tell you more about later this lesson. But first can everybody come over and describe what the potion in the cauldron over there-" He paused to point at the cauldron and everyone looked at it. "Smells like? First I'll give you a piece of parchment where you can write what you smell on." He handed a student a stack of parchment pieces so they could hand them out. "Oh I forgot to say that I will read them out loud, but I won't say your name and you don't have to write it on the paper if you don't want to. It's anonymous."

Everyone got in a line in front of the cauldron and Harry was going to smell what the scent would be when Malfoy stood next to him. "Can't you wait or at least move a little? Right now I can only smell your disgusting aftershave and hair gel!" Draco sighed but didn't say anything about it. He stepped to the other side of the cauldron. "Ugh your aftershave is still lingering here, this way I won't be able to smell the potion." He stepped even closer to the cauldron and his hair just barely didn't touch the potion in it when he tried to smell it. "Yuck- I get it now, the potion smells like your aftershave..."

Harry went back to his seat, not having a clue why it smelled the way it did and wrote: 'Malfoy's hair gel and aftershave but maybe the little ferret just poisoned it or something, and recently cut grass, which smells really nice and the air just after it rained.' After that he folded it and after Hermione and Ron came back too he asked them: "It smelled weird don't you think? I actually think it smelled better before Malfoy got there because his aftershave is so overwhelming- for merlin's sake." Ron shrugged, he didn't smell it, but maybe it didn't linger around there the whole time after Malfoy got there.

They stayed silent for a bit when Hermione broke the silence. "No, it smelled lovely and for all of us it did."Ron and Harry looked at each other confused. Hermione was supposed to be the smart one, didn't she? "Umm Hermione you know that people have different opinions?" Ron said. "Yeah, I don't think everyone likes the smell of Malfoy's aftershave- Do you?" Harry looked disgusted. "No and that's the thing, it's amor-" Slughorn had gathered the parchments and went to speak. Unknowingly cutting Hermione off. "Silence everyone!"

He waited until everyone was silent. "First I'll randomly read a couple of guesses out loud and you can guess which one of them is right, if one of them is right of course. Here we go!" He grabbed a random parchment out of the stack and began to read. "This one says: 'burned toast, fire and the shampoo from-' I'll not say the name, but let's just say from a friend. Alright then the next one." He grabbed another parchment. "This one is about someone in class and there is some rude language so I'll just read the scents and not the rude language. Anyway, it says: 'recently cut grass, the air after it just rained and the aftershave of someone here in class and hair gel' of the same person by the way." He put the parchment away and grabbed another one. "This will be the last one since we don't have time for another one after. Alright this one says: 'green apples, freshly washed clothes, trees and some kind of cucumber shampoo kind of scent I don't recognise.' Alright so that's it does anyone think someone got it right?"

Hermione raised her hand at that. "Mrs Granger?" "Yes, all of them were right." At that there could be heard confused noises coming from the class. "Can you explain that Mrs Granger?" Hermione looked happy to oblige. "Well it's amortentia, or at least I assumed it is. Amortentia is a love potion and everyone smells the things they think are attractive. That way, if no one lied of course, everyone was right." Slughorn nodded. "Indeed Mrs Granger! 15 points to Gryffindor. Now I will tell you about the eff-" Harry didn't hear what he said, it can't be true right? It couldn't be possible that Malfoy's aftershave was something he found attractive... And why why is the most prominent thing? Weird...

"Mr Potter!" Slughorn snapped Harry out of his thoughts. "Yes sir?" "I asked you a question and after that you can go make the potion." Everyone looked at him expectantly, but he hadn't heard the question. His face turned red. "I didn't hear the question, I'm sorry." Slughorn sighed but repeated the question. "Do you think the scent will change over time?" Harry thought about it, he hoped it did, but how could he know. "I'm sorry, but I don't know." Slughorn turned to Hermione who had her hand raised. "Mrs Granger then?" "Well, it can change but, as most people here probably noticed, some scents are stronger than the others. The strongest scent will not change, because that is something that's said to belong to your so called 'soulmate' You also only smell something from the age of 13 because around that time most people get their period or they have their first wet dream." (A/n this is probably not true but- who cares? It's better for the story I think so- yeah)

Then they all got to make their potion. "The instructions are on page 147 and who makes the best amortentia earns a small vial of Felix Felicis. Also known as liquid luck." Then he started making the potion, with help of the mysterious Half-Blood Prince...

A/n thanks for reading I hope you have a great day/night and I'll probably change the first chapter a little bit because I don't really like it, but I won't change the whole storyline so- yeah :)

That's all and lot's of love (is that right? Idk)
Bo :)