What does the Bible Say about Slavery.

slave
/slāv/
noun
a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.
synonyms: bondsman, bondswoman, bondservant, bondslave, serf, vassal, thrall, helot, odalisque, blackbird, hierodule

verb
work excessively hard.
"after <b>slaving away</b> for fourteen years all he gets is two thousand"
synonyms: toil, labor, grind, sweat, work one's fingers to the bone, work day and night, work like a Trojan/dog, exert oneself, grub, plod, plow, work one's guts out, work one's socks off, kill oneself, sweat blood, knock oneself out, plug away, slog away, graft, fag, bullock, drudge, travail, moil, work one's balls/arse/nuts off, work one's ass/butt off

slave
noun [ C ]
UK /sleɪv/ US /sleɪv/

B2
a person who is legally owned by someone else and has to work for that person:
Black slaves used to work on the cotton plantations of the southern United States.
I'm tired of being treated like a slave!

Now Adam was born a free man with rules and laws already in place before he got there. Rules and laws are the way of life, like gravity, etc.

But later down in the Bible we see

Genesis 37:26-28 "And Judah said unto his brethren, What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceal his blood?
Come, and let us sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand be upon him; for he is our brother and our flesh. And his brethren were content.
Then there passed by Midianites merchantmen; and they drew and lifted up Joseph out of the pit, and sold Joseph to the Ishmeelites for twenty pieces of silver: and they brought Joseph into Egypt."

So they sold their own brother to other people, just like black people did in selling other black people into slavery years ago.
However later

Genesis 45:4-5 "And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life."

It all ended great and for the people, forgiving his brothers. Many of us forgive them at this point as well.

But does God hate or approve of slavery. That is like asking if God likes darkness or light. He created both or they could not exist.

Exodus 21:1-2 Now these are the judgments which thou shalt set before them.
If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

Leviticus 25:44-46 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.

The Hebrew word eh'-bed is used.
H5650
Hebrew: עבד
Transliteration: ‛ebed
Pronunciation: eh'-bed
Definition: From H5647; a servant: - X {bondage} {bondman} [bond-] {servant} (man-) servant.
KJV Usage: servant (744x), manservant (23x), bondman (21x), bondage (10x), bondservant (1x), on all sides (1x).
Occurs: 800
In verses: 714

That is Old Testament where God is talking to His people about servants. There are, servants of war - two peoples in a fight the one beaten is spoiled. However God allows for the preserving of some people by keeping the children as servants and the women as wives. But these also have rules, laws, and conditions. The women can be wives or maids, but if after working or married they are still rebellious they cannot be sold, they are free to leave in some cases may be ordered to leave.
Other types of servants are bond servants - which we have today if you can't pay you debts, you can work off the debt or your property confiscated and sold. Then hired servants is where you are an employee and work for your employer.
There is no slave there only servant. God does not ever impose slavery by force on any person, ever!!!!