𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✨

"Sylvie that isn't fair! You didn't give me time to run!"

(Y/N) ran across the field laughing, with their best friend right behind them. It was a day like any other for (Y/N) and Sylvester, they always played in the big open field that (Y/N)'s parents owned. Not once as kids did they think they would stop getting along so well, Sylvester had told (Y/N) that he would always be by their side no matter what. That changed when he began to get better control of his Epithet, (Y/N) however was a mundie meaning they didn't have an Epithet.

The small boy began to practice on his Epithet every minute of the day, under the shade of a tree near a small pond. He never had time to play with (Y/N) again, but that wasn't stopping (Y/N), they were determined to keep their friendship healthy and asked each day the same question.

"Hey.. Sylvie? I'm bored.. Can you take a break and play with me? I'll race you up the hill!"

Sylvester sighed, he looked at them with a stern expression. He was tired of (Y/N) asking to play, all he wanted to do was make it clear he had more important things to focus on which was exactly what he did.

"(Y/N).. Can't you see I'm busy working on something? Listen, I can't always be playing games with you. You and I have to grow up and put our focus on the future, like.. What do you think your career will be when we're adults?"

(Y/N) wasn't sure on how to respond, all they have thought about was having fun with their friend. Sylvester was right, their 11th birthday would be coming up soon and they would need to act more mature. But they didn't wanna lose the friend that they had grown up with.

"Well.. What if I wanted to have a career with you?"

(Y/N) had a hopeful smile while looking at Sylvie for an answer.

Sylvester sat there confused "You wanna be a psychiatrist??" He tilted his head a bit.

"Yeah.. Sure!"

And that's how this whole thing started. With a simple childhood friendship. You never knew in how much trouble you would get with him.
But you loved it.