on with life we go

the next morning i awoke to a glimmer of sunlight peaking out beneath my blinds i groggily turned and lifted my phone to check the time, seeing it was already 10 i decided to drag myself up.
After about 10 minutes of attempting to make it out of my room without running back to bed for more sleep, i made my way downstairs towards Gerard.
'morning' i said still tired
'good morning babygirl, how did you sleep' he said with glee in his voice, way too happy if you ask me for this time, he sat on the couch drinking a mug of which i presume was coffee, wearing his dc comics shirt and weird old man slippers.
'i see where i get it from' i mutter to myself observing  the spectacle that is 50% of me.
'what' he said confused
' i was just observing where i get my weirdness from' i said poking my tongue out at him
'you're far too kind' he said sarcastically but chuckled.
'so today' he said
'so today' i copied smiling at my dad
'very funny, now we need to go food shopping for some chicken nuggets for you because from memory that's all you eat, and visit nonna and grandad' he said i could tell his tone was slightly nervous hoping he hadn't said anything to set me off.
'sounds good' i said enthusiastically
'i'll go get ready' i said as i walked out the room and back up the stairs, i started thinking about how my mums 6 feet deep and i'm getting on with life normally guess it shows that it's on with life while my mother, rots in her grave, that breaks my heart my beautiful young full life mom wasn't here and wouldn't get to grow old or meet her grandkids.
once i'd finished getting ready i walked back down the narrow stairs to see gerard standing dressed as weird as ever his black straight hair covering half his face. 'ready to go' he questioned flashing his straight teeth in a smile.
'yeah, dad i love you i hope you know that' i said still thinking about my poor mom but appreciating i at least had him. 'i don't deserve to hear that right now but i'm glad i get too, but i'm going to work to earn that i love you because i love you more than anything or anyone frances' he said as he leaned forward kisses my forehead and pulled me into a hug.