1

First things first: Everything that is written about the characters and places is 134340% fiction. Thank you, and enjoy xx

———

She made her way through the wooden framed glass door of the coffee shop. The smell of coffee beans filled the air. Fresh scones and the smell of cinnamon made her stomach growl. With her bags hanging around her body, her hands wrapped tightly around the straps. She stared at the menu hanging above the counter and attempted to make a decision on what to get for her breakfast snack. The man in front of her made his way to the side and she took a step forward. Pulling her eyes away from the board to the cashier in front of her, she smiled politely. As her eyes met his, she froze. This young man standing in front of her had eyes that were so soft she froze in place. Her lips parted slightly and her breath caught in her chest. In an attempt to hide the sudden shock, she smiled.

Her smile radiated through her eyes. Her long brown hair hung over her shoulder, straight and perfect. It looked so soft. Her brown eyes, like a beautiful fresh blend of coffee, left him speechless. Dark eyebrows shaped so naturally and perfect. 

Rae knew she had to order, the young man behind the counter just watched as she tried to form words. Her smile grew a little bigger and she pushed her hair behind her ear, still gripping the strap of her bag. "Hi,"

"Hello," The young man greeted her back. She took a sharp breath as his deep voice rang in her ears. "What can I get for you?"

"I can't decide, what's your favorite?" She glanced over towards the display case and his eyes followed.

"I would recommend the pecan muffins," He turned back to face her. "I baked them fresh today."

"Okay," Rae nodded and began pulling out her wallet. "I'll take one pecan muffin and an Iced Americano, please."

The young man began pushing buttons on his computer and Rae nervously dug for wallet, her hands shaking.

Rae paid and he bowed slightly as he retreated from the counter and towards the back where he began making the orders.

She made her way to the seats along the window. She glanced around the shop and watched the world around her. There was an older looking man with his laptop out, but he scrolled through his phone, lounged back in his seat. There was a frown of concentration on his face. He would glance back to his computer ever so often, but kept his phone is his eyeline. His suit looked expensive, along with his pointed, shiny, leather shoes. 

She looked to her right and saw a couple, or so she assumed. They had a pile of books, brand new. Some still had their protective plastic cover on them. They were also preoccupied on their phones, occasionally showing the other what they were watching. 

Her glace fell on the man who took her order. He was behind the counter still, his back turned to her as he made the coffee orders. He was quite tall with dark brown hair that fell just below his eyebrows. He looked comfortable in a tan sweatshirt and jeans, a red apron tied around his waste. He seemed to know the shop well, grabbing exactly what he needed without hesitation.

He turned around and looked up in Rae's direction, her eyes darted away quickly. She bit her lip lightly, looking up again to see him turned back around.

Okay, stop staring, she told herself. He's just a worker, a normal guy.

"Iced Americano and pecan muffin!" He placed the drink and the bag on the counter in front and turned back around. 

Rae stood up and grabbed her order. "Thank you." She spoke softly to his back. He turned and gave a sweet smile with a nod. She did the same and made her way out of the coffee shop. As she walked down the street, her heart pounded in her ears. How could someone be so pretty? She asked herself. He was handsome enough to be an Idol.