Chapter Fourteen

The next four days pasted with little new happening. Lane would either be in office or out with Ryan while Ray stayed with me. Sometimes when it would just be Lane he would send Ray home and I would stay with Lane in his office.

I was curled up on the leather couch reading a book when the phone rang. I looked up and Lane muttered a few words and hung up. “Get dressed,” he said.

Nodding I understood. The Alphas were close and they would be here soon. I had spent the last two days cleaning the house making it ready for the Alphas.

Ducking in the shower I quickly washed my hair. I picked out a deep brown dress. It was almost the same color of my hair and as I pulled half my hair up I grinned. So this was what it was like to be a Luna. The dress was very beautiful and reached down to my knees with thin straps. It was simple with a gold belt but worked perfectly.

Lane appeared behind me and nodded. “You look like a proper Luna.”

I rolled my eyes. “And yet you get to wear jeans and a shirt. Lucky butt.” I pouted.

Wrapping his arms around me Lane chuckled. “Love I am the muscle of the pack. It doesn’t matter what I wear because I’ll probably going to be changing into wolf form to rip someone’s throat out where you are the image of the pack. And you look damn fine.” He slapped my butt and I squealed.

Then Lane’s mood shifted and I could also sense the new wolves. Lane turned but I caught his arm and kissed him. “Don’t worry about it. I’m right here with you.” I kissed him again.

He nodded. “Don’t leave my side unless I tell you. And make sure your mark is covered.”

I looked down at the ankle strap of my heels and double checked it covered the mark and then Lane wrapped his arm around me and we went down stairs.

“Gentlemen.” Lane nodded as the Alphas appeared. He stepped down for the porch to meet them while I stayed on the porch with Ryan and Ray.

Richard hung in the back as the ten men approached us. About four or them looked to be in their thirty or forties while two looked older leaving three about the same age as Lane and one who looked like he just became Alpha. I tensed when one of the younger men bounded forward to Lane but then the two men clapped hands and hugged doing the whole pat on the back and then shove apart.

“It’s about time you got a mate man,” the man said. “I was being to think no girl would want you.”

Lane laughed and shoved at the man. Then the other three younger Alphas stepped forward and said hello. After that Lane turned to the older Alphas. “Please let us talk inside. I’m sure we have a lot to talk about.” He directed the last part to Richard.

I could feel the power the Alphas gave off. It was clear why they were all Alphas. As they made their way to the house they each stopped to introduce themselves to me. The one Lane had talked to was first. He was tall with long blond hair that was pulled back in a ponytail. His eyes were light blue but they still gave off power.

“You must be Bryn.” He smiled. “Sorry you have to put up with Lane.”

I laughed. “I think it won’t be too hard. I take it you are Shayne from the Surf pack.” I held my hand out to shake his. Lane appeared behind me.

“None other.” He ignored my hand and pulled me into a hug. “Lane is like a brother so you’re now a sister.”

Trying not to laugh I smiled. “Well good to know.”

“Come on man let her go,” Lane joked.

Shayne disappeared in the house and the other three younger Alphas came. Duke was the youngest. He had only been Alpha for a year but had already won himself worthy of being an Alpha. Josh and Steven were the other two.