Chapter 8

Chapter 1

*CARTER'S POV*

       Unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep up my winning streak and Jack had won our laser tag match.  After we finished playing, I took Jack home. His house was so large- but hey, what would you expect? He's a famous footballer.

        I got back to my flat and was immediately greeted with Kate's lovely face. "Before you say anything, I'm really sorry and it won't happen again," I blurted quickly.

        "It's completely fine," she said smiling.

        "Is this your way of being really pissed off and making me take the piss for it or?" I asked kind of scared of how she was acting.

        "No, Carter, it's seriously fine," she repeated.

        I don't understand people.

        "Alright?" I asked still confused.

        She laughed lightly, "I called Omar and I got a ride home from him."

        Omar was the guy in her meteorology class that she constantly flirts with. He was an international student at Brunel from Spain. He was one of the sweetest guys and I secretly wanted him to date Kate because she is always nicer around him.

        "Oh, so are you guys a thing yet?" I asked her, actually interested.

        "Not yet, well, not officially, I don't know," she said contemplating the truth. "I have no idea when he's going to ask me out."

        "He will soon, I guarantee it," I told her whilst getting my chocolate milk out of the fridge.

        "Oh my god, Car, you have got to stop drinking chocolate milk, it's weird and your boobs are going to get huge," she said grabbing the milk out of my hands and pouring it down the drain.

        "I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Chocolate milk is an underappreciated beverage in today's society and you're buying me more at the store," I said ashamed that she was trying to disgrace my chocolate milk.

        "I'll buy you water or something," she said.

        "Do you not care about my calcium intake? I can get osteoporosis or hypocalcemia and it would be you're fault," I retorted trying to find more milk.

        "Okay Carter, if you end up getting hypowhatever then I will buy you more milk," she said.

        "It would be too late!" I yelled, she just laughed and begun texting someone. Does she not realise how important calcium is? I walked out of our flat and walked to the store to go pick up some more milk, damn hypocalcemia.

        When I got to the store I saw my friend Carrie. She was carrying a ton of different bags that looked extremely heavy. "Woah, you need help carrying those?" I asked her.

        "Carter! Yes, thanks so much!" she said relieved to be handing me a few bags.

        "Not a problem," I replied smiling. I knew that she lived on campus and her dorm was only a few blocks aways. We walked there and chatted about classes and life, we were both fourth year at Brunel and we both majored in Pre-Med so we were in a lot of the same classes.

        I was pretty sure that she had something going on with one of our professors. I was wondering if I should bring it up though, but I decided against it. It would be an extremely uncomfortable conversation if she wasn't doing him.

        When we reached her dorm, I put all the groceries I was carrying on her counter.

        "Thank you so much!" she said again.

        "Not a problem, see you tomorrow!" I replied waving goodbye.

        I walked back to my flat alone, just humming songs in my head. It was about a fifteen minute walk from the dorms to mine and Kate's flat, but hey, there's nothing wrong with a little exercise. Okay, who was I kidding? I hate excercise.

        I walked through the door of my flat and quickly went to go lay down in my bed. I stared at my ceiling out of boredom not knowing what to do.

        "Shit. I forgot the milk," I remembered.