Chapter 4: We'll get you both out of here

I am gravely sorry for not updating for more than 3 months. I have been going through some issues in terms of mental health and quarantine did not help. I am feeling a little better now meaning I'll try update as often as I can. Just because I didn't update I made sure this is extra long. It's twice the amount I've ever written for a chapter and there is a little surprise as well. There may be some issues so I apologise for that as well. I hope you enjoy.

"Malkali!" I barely choked out. My e y e was as small as a fly, floating in the empty abbess surrounding by nothing but darkness. The aching of my heart set of pain in my stomach. I was too vulnerable. Too weak.

A keen eye turned their attention to me. They glared directly into my soul curiously, trying to figure out what was happening. Their attention then shifted to the small feather in my hand, their eyebrow immediately became raised. Their former suspensions either denied or confirmed themselves as they never stopped watching me.

'Oh god oh god oh god!' Was constantly repeating in my head. It made the whole world spin, it made me want to throw up. To puke up the feeling of dread building inside me. My composer was dropped, unlike my worry. The stress, the anger and the fear were all at each other's throats. Demanding for dominance.

'What has he done to you Malkali? Oh god, are you alright? Has he hurt you? How much pain are you in? Where are you? Do you need me?' Questions raced around my head, the need to scream for help, for answers, for anything... high.

"This game is called Lost Leg-Relay. In this game, there shall only be 2 participating players. Meaning one from both teams has to sit out. The two players from each team will have their legs strapped together." Grernol explained as the two cartoon characters of Luffy and Zoro tried to walk.

"This game requires a lot of teamwork if one of you were to perhaps fall over or turn a different direction. The other will as well." He continued as the two fell over. Beside me, out of the corner of my e y e, I noticed Liana grinning. Her light green eyes shone with horrible intent.

'They must be up to something.' I thought clutching cautiously onto the feather in my palm. I quickly stuffed the monochrome feather into my pocket, being careful not to damage its frail self.

"The entirety of the game is that you have to navigate a maze with your partner. It is rigged with traps, turns and drops which can lead to your utter doom. Teamwork is key. Now let's begin shall we?" Grernol ended, the screen disappearing back into the hidden hatch on the wall.

A nudge at my side diverts my attention from the disappearing screen to the petite brown-haired psychopath sitting next to me. Her eyebrows were furrowed and her eyes held ones of disgust. Her lips formed a scowl as her eyes rolled in the sockets.

"'Boots' told me to inform you that it's me and Orun performing in this game. So keep your big-boobed self right here. We don't want you messing up our game." Liana hissed, folding her arms around her small frame.

I hummed in response feeling relief that I didn't have to have my leg strapped onto either of them. Not that the damage 'Boots' has caused to me would allow me to either. The pain in my stomach continued to sap out my energy, along with the deteriorating bridge holding me together. The only thing keeping me from screaming was the hope of seeing my best friend again. He was the only one who had been there for me. The only one who would sacrifice everything for me to live. The only one who ever loved me. Well, that was a lie. There was someone else. Someone who too, would fall for me to fly. My entire life was built because of them, because of what they did and who they were with. The one person who I have never stopped searching for and never will.