Chapter 2 •

I walked into the great hall dressed in my new robes. The candles were lit glowing warmly over the feast that had already begun. I spotted Ron from the large door of the great hall. I couldn't be happier to see him and everyone beside him. His eyes were wide and ecstatic when he saw me, and so were mine.

I gave up walking and started bolting straight into his bulk arms.

" Mione! I have missed you so much! Bloody hell!" He said as I spun around a few times. I rested my head on his shoulder for a few moments as I took in his odd, but, familiar scent that stung his neck and tingled my nose.
" I have missed you too..." I said with my toes still dangling a few inches above the floor. "even more than you have!" I promised. He grinned at me as I waited for a kiss I had been missing for what felt like forever. He pecked me softly on my right cheek and touched his pointer finger on the tip of my nose. It wasn't the kiss I'd been wondering about nor expected, it was sweet, but only killed the slight ounce of anticipation I needed for a kiss. I thought he would expect everything I thought he had missed too.

His eyes swirled on my face, then held my cheeks. " I doubt it." He said kissing me on the lips. But it felt like nothing. " Something's different 'bout you Mione."

"What's different?" I asked, guiding his hands off of my cheeks and holding them at my waist.

" I am not sure, oh wait..." He pushed my arms back gently. " BLOODY HELL MIONE YOUR HEAD GIRL?"

" Yes! Isn't it great? How do you know already?" I said.

"The news sparked around like wildfire. Everyone knows I reckon." He said. " What's wrong Mione? "

"When I found out Malfoy was head boy, I didn't understand why professor Mcgonagall choose him after everything. " I told Ron.

But really I couldn't believe that he barely insulted me the whole train ride. Considering the fact we couldn't stand being in the same room. If it had been any other time I know we would of been attacking each others reputation, making the new gossip spread.
Or smashing eachothers feelings to pieces smaller than grains of sand, then watch our silent hate fall slowly again like an hour glass.

I froze as I went to pick up the robe to wear over my thin, knit sweater, thinking about that time in third year.

I remember the fantastic feeling of Malfoy being beat by me; The girl he called mudblood. I remember feeling that great power and pride overwhelm my body after I had punched him. It was really bad, but I wish I could do it continuously at times.
Bust today I wouldn't even touch him. He didn't seem worth it at all. He seemed harmless.

I feel like something was on his mind, maybe something he had to think through. It was just completely odd for a guy like Malfoy to be so subtle .

Hope you enjoyed guys x