Prologue

"Oh Niall, thanks for making our one year anniversary so special!" I exclaim giving him a peck on the lips.

"Oh um, your welcome." he responds coldly.

"What's wrong love?" i ask him.

"Elizabeth we need to talk."

"About what?" I question.

"I think we should break up. Both of our lives are changing in different directions. We're both graduating soon and we won't be able to see each other as often. I want to be a singer and you want to be an interviewer." he explains. "I think we should both find someone who we love better, and who has the same interests."

"What?" I stand up from the table. "Your breaking up with me?"

"Yes. I think it's for our own good."

"You freaking jerk. Out of all the days you chose to break up on our one year anniversary?" I shout starting to cry.

"I'm sorry but it had to be done. Can't we still be best friends at least?" he pleads searching my big brown eyes.

"I never want to speak to you again. Get out of my face." I scream pushing him away.

"Ellie please don't do this to me! I still like you as a friend."

"Goodbye Niall." I repeat bitterly walking out of the fancy restaurant.

I can't believe he just broke up with me. On our one year anniversary that was supposed to be special. I thought he loved me. I thought he cared about my feelings. Obviously not. I was about to tell him about my college plans. How I got a scholarship for a college in California. I was going to tell him that I was moving in three months. I was going to ask him to come with me. But now I'm walking home in the pouring rain crying over someone I thought who loved me back and cared for me.