T H I R T Y - O N E - "The First Night"

Stefan glanced back at Eudora who, despite the many hours that had passed, was still sleeping with the throw over wrapped around her comfortingly

Stefan glanced back at Eudora who, despite the many hours that had passed, was still sleeping with the throw over wrapped around her comfortingly. Beside him, Klaus was collecting his things and shoving them in his pocket and through the window, a cheap looking motel could be seen.

"Might want to wake her up Pal, I'll just go ahead and get us some keys" the hybrid patted his shoulder before venturing away, slamming the door as if it wasn't an extremely expensive SUV.

"Dora" Stefan attempted, reaching back and tugging on her blanket but she mumbled and then nettled again. Stefan rolled his eyes and hopped out of the car, pulling her door open, the cold breeze woke her up in an instant and she shivered. Stefan smiled softly at her innocent expression. Her eyes were wide as she looked around. "we're stopping for the night" he told her and she nodded, hopping out of the car and slipping. Stefan caught her and held her up against his body, bracing her weight.

Eudora felt her heart flutter from his touch and she knew that he could hear it easily. In her dazed state, her cheeks bloomed with roses and she glanced down at the tarmac that was softly lit from the lampposts dotted around.

His fingers took her chin softly and pulled it upwards, their faces staring at one another closely. She was even more beautiful up close. The feeling of her in his arms felt so natural, so right. Though, he knew the true reason why he was doing this and it disgusted him. Stefan was getting close to Eudora because he knew that it was what Klaus expected. In Klaus' world, Stefan was a ripper again and Elena was dead. He couldn't allow Klaus to find out the truth.

"Are you okay?" His voice was gentle, like velvet and she leant into his fingertips, somewhere deep in her mind, she considered that this was all an act but the more prominent, Stefan loving part of her, didn't even care.

"I'm okay" she whispered softly, nodding and he stepped away, pulling his bag and hers from the trunk, holding them both in his right hand and sliding his left into hers. This was a true action, a true affection toward her because he knew that she was scared, taken away from everything she had known for her whole life, she'd never been alone before and now Stefan was all she had left. He wouldn't allow her to feel the sadness of being alone.

Within the warm reception area, Klaus was waiting with a smirk, his eyes taking in their linked hands and Eudora's innocent smile of pure happiness and he felt slightly proud.

"Here's your key" klaus informed, dropping it into Eudora's palm and she frowned at the knowledge that she and Stefan were sharing room... of course they were. Klaus loves to play match makers apparently. "I will be in the room furthest away from you.. heaven forbid I hear those noises. Don't bother to run because I have people here to chase you" he stated seriously in the end.

When Klaus was safely out of sight, the two of them proceeded to their own room, swinging the door open, Stefan and Eudora were confronted with a boring little room, it had an en-suite bathroom and was a collection of dull white and grey tones. Stefan dropped their bags onto the coffee table and Eudora sighed, noting the double bed in the centre.

"Can we talk now?" She questioned him and he glanced around the room, proceeding into the bathroom and switching the shower on. Only when that was done, did he return to her side.

"Eudora. We have to be careful okay? We can't let it slip that she's alive"

"I know Stefan. Are you feeling okay?"

"I have got a hold of it" he nodded along "I think you help with that" and she smiled softly at this remark. He considered discussing with her them faking a relationship for Klaus' sake but he changed his mind when he saw her smile. It would be more believable if she truly believed. Plus, he couldn't break her heart like that.

"What are we going to do Stefan?" She wondered in worry and he sighed, taking her cheeks.

"Hey, we're going to be okay, alright? I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you. I promise"

"I won't let anything bad happen to you either" she returned, the both of them being completely sincere as they stared into one another's eyes. The further Stefan got away from Elena, the more attracted he felt to Eudora. Standing here, in the slight steam of the shower and the warm tones of the motel lighting, she had never been so gorgeous, her soft satin cheeks held warmly in his palms.

"Take a shower and I'll order you a pizza or something?" He questioned in the end and she nodded appreciatively. The pair of them felt considerably happier in the knowledge that they at least had one another in this journey. Taking her clothes for the night from the bag, she entered the bathroom as Stefan browsed the pizza menu for something she would like.

Half an hour later, after a ridiculously long shower, Eudora exited the tiny bathroom in her  grey fluffy onesie, the hood pulled up over her plaited hair and equally fuzzy socks covering her feet. She knew it wasn't sexy but she didn't care at that point, she was tired and hungry and not to mention, grouchy. Stefan was just receiving the pizza at the door and he smiled as he placed it on the coffee table for her.

"Perfect timing" he remarked and she grinned as he took his own clothes to the bathroom. "Save me some?"

"I will" she beamed as he shut and locked the door and she ate her pizza slowly, watching some random movie that had popped up on the cheap TV set in their room. It only had three channels but she didn't care because the sound of it was a welcome distraction. She absolutely loathed the sound of silence.

"Is it good?" Stefan asked as he knelt on the rug beside her. She nodded, her mouth full of food as he chuckled, his wet hair flopped against his forehead and she turned her gaze away. He currently wore a simple T-shirt and sweats, only Stefan Salvatore could make that look sexy and she instantly felt self conscious with her oversized onesie.

An hour and a full pizza later, the two of them lay under the covers in the bed, stock still as though moving would disturb the whole dynamic. They knew it was ridiculous to be this nervous and Eudora turned on her side to face him so he reciprocated the action.

"Thank you for coming" his voice was low and she smiled at him softly as she reached across and took his hand.

"I'd do anything for you Stefan" he pulled her closer to his chest like a teddy bear and she fit perfectly against his body, as if the space between his arms was made just for her. He rested his chin on her shoulder and felt her relax. Eudora deserves the world and he knew that this adventure with Klaus wasn't it but he refused to let it get her down. Because Stefan would do anything for Eudora too.